Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which Settings Match Screen Recorder 4.0 recording when "producing" from PowerDirector 17?
ScottyCAD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2019 19:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have recorded some videos using Cyberlink's Screen Recorder 4.0. When I bring it into PowerDirector 17 to make changes I never know which settings to use when I produce the final clipped video. Usually the video grows by billions of bytes. Sometimes 600K videos will becomes 6Gb after producing.

I can see the resolution properties of the screen recorder (see attached) but I don't know which setting in PowerDirector's produce setting would match exactly so output equals input without growing the size of file.

1920 x 1080 match up fine but what choices should I be making in PD 17's produce panels so I get the exact same out? (sorry to ask that twice). See attached.

Thanks!

Scotty Boudreau
[Thumb - resolution property choices in PD 17.PNG]
 Filename
resolution property choices in PD 17.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Choices in PD 17's producer
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - resolution properties statement.PNG]
 Filename
resolution properties statement.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Screen Recorder's properties viewed in PD 17.
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
ScottyCAD [Avatar]
[Post New]
I see PowerDirector's ability to set a 'custom profile' that best matches my screen recorder's input. Although it crashed creating the output video, I think I may have this solved.

Thanks.

Scotty
PS> Is crashing at the setting common? Yikes?
ScottyCAD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is it a common occurrance that when using the custom profile analyzer to produce matching settings with a project's media that it would cause a crash. As mentioned below once I found the setting to match the media created by Screen Recorder 4.0 I have been able to "Produce" a video. The application crashes about 23 minutes into a 50 minute video. I have rebooted the computer, abandoned the initial project and started over, but still it crashes.

Any advise any one can give on using the profile analyzer?

Thank you kindly,

Scotty Boudreau
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You seem to have several different problems going on at the same time.

Your first question is the easiest to resolve, and using the Profile Analyzer is the surest way to do that. You can also simply choose the standard output profile that already matches what SR4 is recording, which is MPEG-4-1920x1080/30p (16Mbps). I don't know why you chose to produce to 120 frames per second when you only recorded 30, but that's why your file size was about 4x bigger.

If PD crashes when producing a video, it's usually due to a problem with the video card. Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2020 01:03

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ScottyCAD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, awesome! The MPEG-4-1920x1080/30p (16Mbps) setting matches the recorder. That is great news. The Profile Analyzer simply never came online. I can't thank you enough for telling me the default/standard setting that matches the recorder. The recorder would say 1920 x 1080p but leave it at that. I am not privy to all of the settings for 120p and other call outs after the 1920 x 1080 so I was a bit lost.

I should be good to go now!

Thanks again!