Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dolby Vision no picture
Stubbsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2013 04:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently upgraded to PowerDVD 20. I have a mix of HDR movies. Those in HDR10 play without issue, but those in Dolby Vision (single stream mp4) play sound but no picture. I understand that PDVD doesn't play Dolby Vision, but I am sure these titles showed a picture before.

The FAQ text below also indicates a picture should appear (albeit in SDR). Is there a setting to chnage or a codec to install to address this or do Dolby Vision no longer play a picture at all?

There are several HDR technologies (e.g. HDR 10, Dolby Vision) on the market, and PowerDVD 19 currently supports the HDR playback on HDR 10 encoded videos. Other HDR encoded videos will be played in SDR mode instead.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have recently upgraded to PowerDVD 20. I have a mix of HDR movies. Those in HDR10 play without issue, but those in Dolby Vision (single stream mp4) play sound but no picture. I understand that PDVD doesn't play Dolby Vision, but I am sure these titles showed a picture before.

The FAQ text below also indicates a picture should appear (albeit in SDR). Is there a setting to chnage or a codec to install to address this or do Dolby Vision no longer play a picture at all?

There are several HDR technologies (e.g. HDR 10, Dolby Vision) on the market, and PowerDVD 19 currently supports the HDR playback on HDR 10 encoded videos. Other HDR encoded videos will be played in SDR mode instead.

I suggest you disable the Windows HD Color (the HDR display setting on Windows), and then play your video (which is encoded with Dolby Vision HDR) to check if the playback goes in SDR.

The Windows HDR setting might trigger the playback to display in HDR mode, but Dolby Vision is not supported in powerdvd anyway.
Stubbsy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2013 04:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest you disable the Windows HD Color (the HDR display setting on Windows), and then play your video (which is encoded with Dolby Vision HDR) to check if the playback goes in SDR..

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd already looked at this option. My 4K monitor doesn't support HDR so the 3 HDR "display capabilities" are all NO which I assume means HD color is off.