Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a gap to the start of a video in PD16
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I am compiling a large number of clips for a friend into a video. He asked me to use a still image at the outset, leading into the first video portion

He has now asked me if I can extend the time that still image is visible

So effectively where the image is located at say 0.00 seconds to 2.00 seconds he wants it to be equivalent to -2.0 second to 2.00 seconds on the Timeline

How can I put an additional minus 2 seconds to the start of the videos current start location - I cannot just extend it to the right as that impacts on the merged music soundtrack

The two options I can see, are literally to select every line on the timeline and move them across slightly, then extend the image to the left - the trouble with this is it would be easy to miss one of the smaller sections on the timeline and that doesnt then get moved.

Its a shame there is not a select all option for the Timeline.

Or option two is to produce the movie as is, then run a new project with that entire video and just redo the beginning

Am I missing an option

thanks
Andrew
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Ctrl+a will select all the clips on the timeline. Make sure you click on the timline first.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ctrl+a will select all the clips on the timeline. Make sure you click on the timline first.

Brilliant thanks for that will give it a go

regards