Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to use waves debreather plugin
[Post New]
I bought debreather and a noise cancelling plugin from waves but can't figure out how to use them. Can someone tell me how? How do I plug it into powerdirector, how to use it from there, etc.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I bought debreather and a noise cancelling plugin from waves but can't figure out how to use them. Can someone tell me how? How do I plug it into powerdirector, how to use it from there, etc.

If you search the forum for VST you'll see lots of info. Make sure you download the 64-bit versions of your paid plugins, as noted in this post.

When you've run the installer for the plugins (or simply downloaded the files if they end in .dll or .vst3), go to File | Install VST Plug-In Effects... to add them to AD
[Post New]

If you search the forum for VST you'll see lots of info. Make sure you download the 64-bit versions of your paid plugins, as noted in this post.

When you've run the installer for the plugins (or simply downloaded the files if they end in .dll or .vst3), go to File | Install VST Plug-In Effects... to add them to AD

I posted this in the wrong place it should have been for PD 365 not AD.

I searched how to install vst plugins and similiar and I found 2 posts titled "how to install plugins for dummies, but neither addressed how to install to PD

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79387.page#326278

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2020 15:24

[Post New]
Hello Anglokelt,

As far as I know, & I'm fairly confident, you cannot use VST plug-ins in PDR. If you have AudioDirector, it should work. I haven't used those particular VSTs.

Whatever way it goes, you will need software, like a DAW that is compatible with the plug-ins. ADR isn't listed on the page, but that doesn't mean (necessarily) that it won't work.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
I downloaded the demo version of DeBreath (only activated for 7 days) and it could not be imported into ADR. I suspect it's not 64-bit.

frown PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Anglokelt,

As far as I know, & I'm fairly confident, you cannot use VST plug-ins in PDR. If you have AudioDirector, it should work. I haven't used those particular VSTs.

Whatever way it goes, you will need software, like a DAW that is compatible with the plug-ins. ADR isn't listed on the page, but that doesn't mean (necessarily) that it won't work.

PIX

I dont have audiodrector, I was wrong ( I thought it was part of PD).

I have adobe audition, and audacity ,
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The plug-in should work with Audacity. As PIX mentioned, PD is mainly a video editor and doesn't support any VSTs.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Thus far, I haven't been able to get DeBreath.dll to load into Audacity's library, but Audition is listed as a Supported Host.

PIX PIX YouTube channel