Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Effects mask
[Post New]
I want to blur out a part of a clip using the gaussian blur effect + mask.

Unfortunately, a mask defining window does not show clip content but a black window.

After a short research, I discovered, that it shows clip content only when a clip is placed on the very first video track.

Is it a bug or do I do something wrong? _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
After your post I have tried the same, and this happens in my system too. Black video, but sound is OK. Mind you I apply the effect to the whole video.

When I move the video with the effect to the first line, the black remains. After I have removed the effect, the video returns, but PD keeps rendering a couple of seconds from the cursor. PD keeps doing this even when I have removed the video and replaced the same. This is over when I restart PD and move the (same) video to the timeline. Then it plays (and shows) without rendering.

When I move the effect to the effect line right under the first timeline, with the video in lane 1, the effect of the effect is shown as expected, but rendering happens. Even after I have removed the effect from the effect line. And even when I have removed and replaced the video in the timeline without effect: rendering...

Something we may want to pass on to Cyberlink, when more of you see the same thing.
[Post New]
Quote After your post I have tried the same, and this happens in my system too. Black video, but sound is OK. Mind you I apply the effect to the whole vide.

I'm not sure you talk about the same problem.

I've attached two screenshots to clarify this problem as happens to me. You can see the difference. After moving the clip to lower track (not the very first one), the mask selection window becomes black, and selecting a correct area is a bit difficult.
[Thumb - 2020-05-15_143417.png]
 Filename
2020-05-15_143417.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
239 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - 2020-05-15_143513.png]
 Filename
2020-05-15_143513.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Meantime, you can use this method.

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I see what you mean. We talk about different problems. Thanks
[Post New]
Quote Meantime, you can use this method.

Thanks, StevenG it looks promising. I'll give it a go. _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)