Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resulting video sounds like some of the audio has been compressed (happens with both MP4 and AVI)
Murrin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2020 15:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have an mp4 video that I made. It has 1 audio track, an audio file (WAV file) that I imported in. That's the only audio in this video. The rest of the audio tracks are muted.

I chose my output settings for the video to be h265, mp4, 1080 pixel, (and average overall bitrate at 20,000 kbps), and the audio to be Lossless PCM, with the audio bitrate at 1536 kbps. I chose stereo for output. The original audio file is also stereo. Based on my selections, the audio in the video should be lossless. But there are a couple parts in the video where the audio sounds slightly distorted or compressed. I compared it to the original audio file just to make sure, and there is a difference between the audio file and the resulting video. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

My computer is a laptop with an i7 processor and 8GB of RAM. I'm on Windows 10.

Is it possible that this sound issue is being caused by the fact that I'm saving the file as an mp4? I am pretty new to video editing.

Update: I also produced the video as an AVI instead of an MP4. And still received the same slight audio compression in the resulting video.

Thanks for any help

additional tags: LPCM

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 15. 2020 20:40

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to Preferences/General and check that your audio settings are stereo and not 5.1 if you produce in stereo pcm audio.
Murrin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2020 15:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to Preferences/General and check that your audio settings are stereo and not 5.1 if you produce in stereo pcm audio.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I checked and my setting is already set to Stereo under Preferences>General>Audio channels.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried using the default AAC codec for audio, or trying Dolby Digital? It would be helpful to know if the issue is confimed to LPCM or if it's present in all audio outputs.

Do the compromised audio sections line up with any particular edits in your project, like a transition or FX or color correction?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°