Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager won't start on Win10
mrgregsa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2020 13:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Have been using PD18 for some time and recently I've purchased PD365. I was able to download and install Application Manager but it won't start. No error message is shown.

Unfortunately, Cyberlink's support offers only advice to re-install Application Manager which I have done several times already.

To add insult to injury, I also unistalled my PD18 (didn't help) and now need to re-enter the product code which I lost (I will manage that eventually)

I still have couple of days to request a refund for PD365, but I really would like to use it.

Any of you had similar problem?

Thanks in advance,
Grzegorz.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
My Application Manager works fine after installed so far.

Here are some ideas for you to check out:

1. Do you install any antivirus or security program that might possibly block the process of application manager?
Try and add application manager to those programs exclsusion list, and then check the launch again.

2. Do you install any overclocking-related programs to accelerate your GPU or RAM?
It might cause some program cannot launch at all as it is some sort of hacking on fundamental graphic processing on the desktop.

3. Have your ever modified your hosts file on Windows to re-route the network connection from cyberlink to other sites instead?
Check whether your hosts file is clean or not per this guide:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

Clear out all the re-routing in the hosts file and save, try the launch again after reboot Windows.
mrgregsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
1. Do you install any antivirus or security program that might possibly block the process of application manager?
Try and add application manager to those programs exclsusion list, and then check the launch again.

Thanks, I will check that. Although I know only of Windows Defender. I will reinstall it witout it working.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are additional steps you may need to do besides uninstalling/reinstalling the App Manager. This post has all the details.

It's also possible that Windows itself is damaged, and you can run the commands shown in bold in this post to check and see if they can be automatically repaired.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mrgregsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all your suggestions.

After some checks it appeared to me that there had to be a conflict with other software, probably on the shared libraries level.

I tried to unistall some other programs but it didn't really help. My patience ran out so I decided to use a nuke option and reinstall Windows. Fortunatelly it is relaively painless on Win10 (easy to keep user files). This resolved the issue.

Obviously, I had to reinstall the most important applications which required some efort but on the other hand I got rid of some which I do not use at all now.

By and large, I got what I needed and I can use PD365 now. Support from Cyberlink was one huge disappointment, though.