Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot Audo Remix a cropped piece of music
[Post New]
Hello,

I cropped a piece of an mp3 I made. Then went into th mixer to make it loop in the audio adjust.
But when I clicked on it I got the attached error? I even produced my crop then tried again - same error
[Thumb - ADremix.png]
 Filename
ADremix.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Veepo,

It's not clear exactly what steps you took prior to that alert popping up. I tried to replicate what you'd done, but had no issues with my simple interpretation.

1. Imported an MP3 file

2. Trimmed off most of the track, leaving a 17.975 section

3. Produced that to a separate MP3 file

4. In the Mix module, inserted the 17.975 file 4 times in Track 1, with a 0.415 silence between each (to create a loop of sorts)

5. Produced that to a separate MP3 file, with no problems or alerts

Clearly, the steps I've taken don't replicate yours.

Can you please explain what this means?

Then went into the mixer to make it loop in the audio adjust.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I cropped a piece of an mp3 I made. Then went into th mixer to make it loop in the audio adjust.
But when I clicked on it I got the attached error? I even produced my crop then tried again - same error

Hi there,

I don't see this issue on my AudioDirector 365
What version are you using?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 11. 2020 03:34

[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Hello,
Let me share the replications steps as I tried again this morning.
Open AD from the Cyberlink Application manager screen.

• It opens, load file into the Edit screen - it loads and plays

• click on the mix screen and add the clip - loads and plays

• click on Adjust Length (auto remix) under adjustments in the mix section

• It tries to open, starts to load then the error appears

• I started from a clean reboot this morning.
    It did not happen with a .wav and .mp4a
    I tried another mp3 that was edited and produced - same error

Version - attached

Strange...thanks again!
VeePo
[Thumb - ADversion.png]
 Filename
ADversion.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Post New]
Thank you, Veepo, for clarifying the steps you took.

Using both the 365 subscription & ADR10 (lifetime) versions, I've been unable to replicate your issue & that alert. Whether I used MP3s, WAVs, M4As or any othe file format ADR worked as expected. Also, whether the trimmed clip was pre-produced or not made no difference.

Here's a captioned screen capture:

If you wish, you can download the exact MP3 file used in the screen capture & report what occurs in your ADR.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Thank you, Veepo, for clarifying the steps you took.

Using both the 365 subscription & ADR10 (lifetime) versions, I've been unable to replicate your issue & that alert. Whether I used MP3s, WAVs, M4As or any othe file format ADR worked as expected. Also, whether the trimmed clip was pre-produced or not made no difference.

Here's a captioned screen capture:

If you wish, you can download the exact MP3 file used in the screen capture & report what occurs in your ADR.

PIX

I really appreciate you helping out! Oddly I was just flipping through YouTube and your video came up! I was about to say 'What a concidence, I am having the same issue'

I tried you file and had no issues. Seems to be something about those files. Not sure what. They save, they produce, the speed can be adjusted, just not auto remix.

These things happen!

Thanks,
[Post New]
I'm glad that particular MP3 worked for you.

In attempting to replicate your issue, I tested various MP3s and many other audio formats.

To more completely resolve this question, could you please upload one or two of the audio files (MP3s) to a shared file site, such as Google Drive? i.e. the ones that gave you the problem with auto mixing.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Veepo has kindly provided the trimmed audio clip. Thank you.

It turns out it was nothing to do with the MP3 file format, but everything to do with duration.

In Mix > Adjust Audio > Adjust length (Auto Remix), ADR first analyses the music to detect patterns in melody, rhythm etc. If too much of the audio clip is trimmed out, ADR is left with insufficient information & throws up the alert Veepo first reported.

The ADR Help file states: Note: the new audio length cannot be shorter than 10 seconds. It follows, then, that very short clips would not be able to be remixed.

The sample provided by Veepo was 10sec 463ms (0.00.10.463). I tried with a 15sec crop of the same song & there was no error. Admittedly, the remixed result wasn't worth listening to!

Having never previously used this feature to any extent, my observation is that the more that is trimmed out of the original music before remixing, the less successful the remix will be. Forced to used limited information, ADR will do some undesirable things to audio in the remixing process (e.g. change tempo dramatically).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Veepo has kindly provided the trimmed audio clip. Thank you.

It turns out it was nothing to do with the MP3 file format, but everything to do with duration.

In Mix > Adjust Audio > Adjust length (Auto Remix), ADR first analyses the music to detect patterns in melody, rhythm etc. If too much of the audio clip is trimmed out, ADR is left with insufficient information & throws up the alert Veepo first reported.

""

The ADR Help file states: Note: the new audio length cannot be shorter than 10 seconds. It follows, then, that very short clips would not be able to be remixed.

The sample provided by Veepo was 10sec 463ms (0.00.10.463). I tried with a 15sec crop of the same song & there was no error. Admittedly, the remixed result wasn't worth listening to!

Having never previously used this feature to any extent, my observation is that the more that is trimmed out of the original music before remixing, the less successful the remix will be. Forced to used limited information, ADR will do some undesirable things to audio in the remixing process (e.g. change tempo dramatically).

PIX

Thank you so much!!!!!! If the error had that info - it would have got it!

PIX - you are a Prince amongst AudioEditors!