Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HotKey to advance music beat by beat or by time unit
[Post New]
Hello,

Can I map keyboard keys to move the music in my timeline back and forth by beat or time increment?

I would like to have more granular control than my mouse.

Also, I want to map that to my media device with a jog wheel.

Thanks,

VeePo
[Thumb - ShuttleXpress.png]
 Filename
ShuttleXpress.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
281 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT: The moderator notified me that I mistakenly responded to your AudioDirector question with a solution for PowerDirector. I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else.

(In PowerDirector) The "," and "." keys are mapped to be backward/forward one time unit, and you can select the time unit from here:

You can also see all the default and customizable Hotkey definitions here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2020 10:58

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In AudioDirector, I don't see any way to do that

The Hotkeys are found under the Edit menu and the default Hotkeys are listed here.

The only ones that come close would seem to be "1" and "2" which are supposed to be rewind and fast forward, but I can't get them to do anything. I've tried them during playback and with the scrubber paused and then resumed, but nothing changes. I also tried them with the timeline in both Timecode and Bar/Beat mode, but still nothing happens when I use either one of them.

Maybe PIX or another user will have a better answer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
I'm afraid PIX has no better answer, optodata undecided

It seems to me that ADR has no facility to advance "frames", as you can do in PDR, so that would make it nearly impossible to advance the timeline marker from beat to beat.

There are features to determine BPM (beats per minute) and placing timeline markers, but I'm yet to work out how that could assist with the OP's question.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2020 14:23

PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Can I map keyboard keys to move the music in my timeline back and forth by beat or time increment?

Thanks,

VeePo

To me, it's extremely unclear what you are asking to do. You can't "move" the music in an AudioDirector timeline. You can copy a section and paste that section. If you want to offset the copied section by some given time amount, use the start/end counter box to type in your time down to the thousands of a second and then paste to repeat a timed sequence. Audio has no frames, the equivalent is samples per sec. If you keep zooming in on a timeline, eventually you will see some small squares for the audio sample points. A 48KHz audio will obviously have 48,000 of these points in a sec. AudioDirector lets you select timeline content with the scrubber at this level but the start and end counters don't since they only go to 1/1000 of a sec which is pretty standard audio granularity.

You can also use the start counter box to jump along a timeline every 5 seconds or granularity of 5.001 for 1/1000th of a sec control.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2020 16:04

[Post New]

To me, it's extremely unclear what you are asking to do. You can't "move" the music in an AudioDirector timeline. You can copy a section and paste that section. If you want to offset the copied section by some given time amount, use the start/end counter box to type in your time down to the thousands of a second and then paste to repeat a timed sequence. Audio has no frames, the equivalent is samples per sec. If you keep zooming in on a timeline, eventually you will see some small squares for the audio sample points. A 48KHz audio will obviously have 48,000 of these points in a sec. AudioDirector lets you select timeline content with the scrubber at this level but the start and end counters don't since they only go to 1/1000 of a sec which is pretty standard audio granularity.

You can also use the start counter box to jump along a timeline every 5 seconds or granularity of 5.001 for 1/1000th of a sec control.

Jeff

Hi JL_JL

I should have used the word 'scrubber'.

I want to increment the scrubber with set increments via a keyboard of other media device (shuttle). Maybe the counter....?

Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Thanks,

VeePo

Wow!

replies from OptoData and PIX?!!!!!!

Nice!