Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to produce project
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Well, been a long time since I've been in here. Nothing going on except for today.
Just for info's sake, I'm using an HP desktop with specs in atch 1. I'm using PD 16.Here's my problem. Looked in FAQs couldn't find a link.
My project is music videos approx. 1 hr 59 mins. I will be using DVD/DL and USB.
After loading the videos, doing necessary edditing, adding chapters and transitions, after saving I go to Produce and what I get is a window saying insufficien space (see atch 2 and 3.).
Not sure why as I don't even have a DVD in the drive and not even trying to burn one.
Why am I getting that? What do I need to do to produce my project.
Thanks for any help.
[Thumb - cyber 3.JPG]
 Filename
cyber 3.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
[Thumb - cyber 2.JPG]
 Filename
cyber 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
[Thumb - My computer info.JPG]
 Filename
My computer info.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2020 19:31

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Well, been a long time since I've been in here. Nothing going on except for today.
Just for info's sake, I'm using an HP desktop with specs in atch 1. I'm using PD 16.Here's my problem. Looked in FAQs couldn't find a link.
My project is music videos approx. 1 hr 59 mins. I will be using DVD/DL and USB.
After loading the videos, doing necessary edditing, adding chapters and transitions, after saving I go to Produce and what I get is a window saying insufficien space (see atch 2 and 3.).
Not sure why as I don't even have a DVD in the drive and not even trying to burn one.
Thanks for any help.

Would have been nice if you posted the whole screen shot for cyber 3.JPG.

But with the info you have provided, basically you've got 10.62GB free on your C: drive. You are trying to produce a video that will take about 14.4GB (2hrs at 16Mbps) so you don't have enough space if using C:. You need to clean some space on C: if that's your save directory or use another user partition that has space available.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2020 20:39

boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]

Would have been nice if you posted the whole screen shot for cyber 3.JPG.

But with the info you have provided, basically you've got 10.62GB free on your C: drive. You are trying to produce a video that will take about 14.4GB (2hrs at 16Mbps) so you don't have enough space if using C:. You need to clean some space on C: if that's your save directory or use another user partition that has space available.

Jeff

Thanks for your quick response.
I've never had a problem producing any video in the past with this computer. The only time I got the warning was when I tried to burn a video that was too long for the disc. That's why I posted my question.
I used my Glary Utilities to go through my computer and removed all temp. duplicate, files and empty folders. I then went into My System and Memory Optimizer. I increased the amount of free memory to 7042M and optimized it and cleared the clipboard. I then deleted almost all of my photos and videos then emptied the recycle bin.
My memory now is shown in the atch
So, I went back to my project and tried again. No luck. So, on a whim I decided to change the production from 264AVC to MPEG-.
Clicked on Start and it started producing.
Had no idea AVC required so much memory. Lesson learned. Next time I try I'll have a computer w/16GB memory and 2-3TB hard drive.
Thanks for your help.
[Thumb - cyber.JPG]
 Filename
cyber.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for your quick response.
I've never had a problem producing any video in the past with this computer. The only time I got the warning was when I tried to burn a video that was too long for the disc. That's why I posted my question.
I used my Glary Utilities to go through my computer and removed all temp. duplicate, files and empty folders. I then went into My System and Memory Optimizer. I increased the amount of free memory to 7042M and optimized it and cleared the clipboard. I then deleted almost all of my photos and videos then emptied the recycle bin.
My memory now is shown in the atch
So, I went back to my project and tried again. No luck. So, on a whim I decided to change the production from 264AVC to MPEG-.
Clicked on Start and it started producing.
Had no idea AVC required so much memory. Lesson learned. Next time I try I'll have a computer w/16GB memory and 2-3TB hard drive.
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, your RAM is not the controlling issue nor the reason you have insufficient space message. What MPEG setting did you select? Probably one with a lower Mbps encode rate which will use less hard disk space. Please post your total produce screen so one can aid a little more efficiently.

Jeff
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry, your RAM is not the controlling issue nor the reason you have insufficient space message. What MPEG setting did you select? Probably one with a lower Mbps encode rate which will use less hard disk space. Please post your total produce screen so one can aid a little more efficiently.

Jeff

Thanks. Can't do screen shot, so I do snip. Here it is. The snip is with 264 AVC. The 2nd snip is with the MPEG-2.
[Thumb - cyber.JPG]
 Filename
cyber.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - cyber 2.JPG]
 Filename
cyber 2.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
104 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2020 21:59

Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. Can't do screen shot, so I do snip. Here it is. The snip is with 264 AVC. The 2nd snip is with the MPEG-2.

This is your H.264 produce pic, as you can see, you have 10.3GB of "Free" space on the C: drive and the production will take 13.00GB, that is the "Remaining" number as you have not started to produce yet as it will fail and you will get that error message as you do not have enough hard disk space on C:.

This has nothing to do with RAM, simply hard disk space available on C: where you are trying to save the produced file. I find it very odd that you only have 100GB on C:, that sounds like the system partition. Posting a dxdiag will at least let one see the full size of your hard drives.

EDIT, you posted the MPEG2 screen shot, as I guessed, a lower bitrate of 8Mbps, so this produce file will only need 6.9GB which is smaller than your avaiable 10.3GB so no issue.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2020 22:10

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My project is music videos approx. 1 hr 59 mins. I will be using DVD/DL and USB.
Thanks for any help.

boongsoong - You went through the trouble of creating chapters and then tried to produce it. Those chapters will not be in the produced files at all. The created Chapters only work in the Create Disc module where you select the disc type and size like DVD 8.5 GB. You can then Burn to Folder or an Image to be used later. Those chapters will then be there when you decide to burn a disc.

The 100 GB SSD is a common size during the Intel Ivy Bridge era as the price was about $2 per GB in 2012.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The 100 GB SSD is a common size during the Intel Ivy Bridge era as the price was about $2 per GB in 2012.

His pic, "My computer info.JPG" shows he's got 1 drive of 1863GB with 3 partitions, C:, D:, and E:. (total 121.7GB). I suspect someone never created a partition of his remaining 1741.3GB or the stats provided are not complete. Additionally, his sig block says 1TB drive while RAM and PROC match so what he's got is not real clear to me.

Jeff
[Thumb - boongsong_computer.png]
 Filename
boongsong_computer.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That is interesting as my HP Laptop has the C and D recovery partition. They add up to the total drive size. Do not know how to obtain the screen posted here where the 2TB hard drive may be a replacement that was not allocated, formatted, and installed correctly.

boongsong - Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page#post_box_289538 and attach the DxDiag.txt on your next reply. Jeff can then help you on this.
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is interesting as my HP Laptop has the C and D recovery partition. They add up to the total drive size. Do not know how to obtain the screen posted here where the 2TB hard drive may be a replacement that was not allocated, formatted, and installed correctly.

boongsong - Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63543.page#post_box_289538 and attach the DxDiag.txt on your next reply. Jeff can then help you on this.

Not sure why I'm having this problem. I've never had it when I was using Win 7. Since I upgraded to Win 10 I've noticed that when I turrn my computer on each day, I get the alert "unable to connect to all network drives".

Thanks to both of you for your interest and help.
Here's my dxdiag.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
185 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2020 07:27

Jack
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not sure why I'm having this problem. I've never had it when I was using Win 7. Since I upgraded to Win 10 I've noticed that when I turrn my computer on each day, I get the alert "unable to connect to all network drives".

Thank you for supplying the DxDiag.txt. The hard drive in your computer is this Hitachi 2TB size: https://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-HDS723020BLA642-SATA3-7200rpm-Drive/dp/B004VP9416 . It had been incorrectly partitioned, also formatted improperly as a 10 GB E: fat32 partition made for windows 95 instead of windows 10. That is the reason that only a fraction of the 2 TB hard drive can be used. The D: partition should be the recovery data for your windows 7 should you ever decide to restore it. I wouldn’t as you have to start all over again.

Windows 10 is the future. There are windows partitioning utilities that one can use to fix this. A computer science major student from the local college may be able to fix this for you or you can take it to a professional and explain what happened here with the hard drive. Believe that help is warranted.
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for supplying the DxDiag.txt. The hard drive in your computer is this Hitachi 2TB size: https://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-HDS723020BLA642-SATA3-7200rpm-Drive/dp/B004VP9416 . It had been incorrectly partitioned, also formatted improperly as a 10 GB E: fat32 partition made for windows 95 instead of windows 10. That is the reason that only a fraction of the 2 TB hard drive can be used. The D: partition should be the recovery data for your windows 7 should you ever decide to restore it. I wouldn’t as you have to start all over again.

Windows 10 is the future. There are windows partitioning utilities that one can use to fix this. A computer science major student from the local college may be able to fix this for you or you can take it to a professional and explain what happened here with the hard drive. Believe that help is warranted.

Wow!! Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
I guess it happened when I upgraded to Win 10. I wouldn't even attempt to fix it because I'm not that tech savy. When I have the money, and can find someone to do it, I'll have it done. I don't want to get rid of this computer because it has been the best I've ever had and that's saying a lot, considering I bought it used on EBay.
In the meantime, I found a part of my problem. I use Norton for my security. I recently used their backup utilitity and put it on a portable hard drive. Got to messing around in the computer and found out that Norton also put it on C:. Deleted all those files which freed-up 16.7GB. Tried to produce my project and it started. And, that brings up another issue. Don't know if I should address it here or on a different post. It's the amount of time it takes to produce anything. If not appropriate here, where should I post it?
Again tomasc, thank's so much for your interest and help. Have a great weekend and stay safe from the virus Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not sure why I'm having this problem. I've never had it when I was using Win 7. Since I upgraded to Win 10 I've noticed that when I turrn my computer on each day, I get the alert "unable to connect to all network drives".

Thanks to both of you for your interest and help.
Here's my dxdiag.

Since you are not computer savy, probably best to consult some help as this is only a PD forum.

A brief overview of your issues:
a) For your mapped network drive issue, you probably had a network map defined with reconnect at login. Attached pic kind of walks you through that setting or google or mention to your tech support.
b) For the hard disk partition issue, my previous synopsis was correct, you have a large portion of the hard drive that was not allocated. Basically, you’re not using ~93% of your hard disk and trying to do everything in ~7% of what you bought. Type “Computer Management” (no quotes) in the windows search dialog, under the “Storage” caret, click on “Disk Management”. In your case you can probably just extend your C: partition to fill the unallocated space since your user home is C:, or us your tech support.

Your cleaned-out space gives you a little short-term relief until you recover a massive portion of your missing hard disk space to use for PD editing.

Jeff
[Thumb - NetworkMap.PNG]
 Filename
NetworkMap.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

Since you are not computer savy, probably best to consult some help as this is only a PD forum.

A brief overview of your issues:
a) For your mapped network drive issue, you probably had a network map defined with reconnect at login. Attached pic kind of walks you through that setting or google or mention to your tech support.
b) For the hard disk partition issue, my previous synopsis was correct, you have a large portion of the hard drive that was not allocated. Basically, you’re not using ~93% of your hard disk and trying to do everything in ~7% of what you bought. Type “Computer Management” (no quotes) in the windows search dialog, under the “Storage” caret, click on “Disk Management”. In your case you can probably just extend your C: partition to fill the unallocated space since your user home is C:, or us your tech support.

Your cleaned-out space gives you a little short-term relief until you recover a massive portion of your missing hard disk space to use for PD editing.

Jeff

Thanks JL_JL for the info. Really wondering if it was caused by me upgrading to Win10. I didn't purchase the software. I found a way to get it for free. Maybe that was the big mistake. Suppose maybe buying a legitimate copy would fix it? Jus' wonderin' Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks JL_JL for the info. Really wondering if it was caused by me upgrading to Win10. I didn't purchase the software. I found a way to get it for free. Maybe that was the big mistake. Suppose maybe buying a legitimate copy would fix it? Jus' wonderin'

If you had a certified copy of WIN7 you could get 10 free, and for that matter still. But I doubt that's the source of this issue, probably more how the upgrade, install, or new install for WIN10 was done. Windows is pretty picky on authorized version, if it was not legit, they probably would have deactivated so no, I don't think buying a new copy would correct. Other than a new install procedure could correct.

Post a pic of the entire disk management screen I referenced in "b)" earlier, so one can see what you have for unallocated space. I'm thinking it looks similar to the attached pic with unallocated space. If so, one can extend to recover your unallocated space so you have some space for you PD projects and productions.

Jeff
[Thumb - Unallocated.png]
 Filename
Unallocated.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

If you had a certified copy of WIN7 you could get 10 free, and for that matter still. But I doubt that's the source of this issue, probably more how the upgrade, install, or new install for WIN10 was done. Windows is pretty picky on authorized version, if it was not legit, they probably would have deactivated so no, I don't think buying a new copy would correct. Other than a new install procedure could correct.

Post a pic of the entire disk management screen I referenced in "b)" earlier, so one can see what you have for unallocated space. I'm thinking it looks similar to the attached pic with unallocated space. If so, one can extend to recover your unallocated space so you have some space for you PD projects and productions.

Jeff

I don't know what's going on. I add my pic of the disk mgmt and when I click on Submit, all I get is a window that says 403 Forbidden.
Any ideas? Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't know what's going on. I add my pic of the disk mgmt and when I click on Submit, all I get is a window that says 403 Forbidden.
Any ideas?

The forum website has simply been acting up again, pretty common periodically, just try again in 10 minutes or so and it may work, It took me about 3 attempts to post my last pic.

Jeff
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

The forum website has simply been acting up again, pretty common periodically, just try again in 10 minutes or so and it may work, It took me about 3 attempts to post my last pic.

Jeff

Maybe wants to be inquarantine? lol
Ok, here goes
[Thumb - computer.JPG]
 Filename
computer.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
124 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Jack
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe wants to be inquarantine? lol
Ok, here goes

As figured, you've got this 2TB drive, ~1863GB usuable space and 1740.53GB is unallocated so you can't use it at all. You can't easily add this unallocated space to C: with basic windows Disk Management tool as the unallocated space is not adjacent to C:.

You have several options, two discussed below:
1) Have a tech guy assist you with partition software. Partition software can easily add the unallocated space to C: even though it's not adjacent to C:. Doing this would make the space available to anything on C: like your home documents, so path C:\Users\My HP tower\Documents. You would just have one large C: area to use as you wish with PD or anything else.
2) Right click on the "Unallocated" block and choose, "New Simple Volume...". This will walk your through some dialog boxes and will by default define the largest volume, namely, 1740.53GB. It will allow you to name and define a drive letter to it, probably G: in your case. You will then have a separate drive letter G: that you can use for video or PD produced files. It is NOT part of your home area on C:. It is a separate drive letter and could be used for source video, produced video, whatever you wish and it's ~1.7TB in size. To use this in PD, in like your second posted "cyber 2.JPG" pic in the "Export folder..." location you would use the "..." button to migrate to a G:\ path. Or to always use the G: drive, in PD pref > File, change the Export folder to G:\... you can also change your Import folder if you plan on putting your source video on G: since you now have plenty of space.

What one does is really user specific and how you like things stored. Either way discussed, you will finally have access to your whole drive you bought.

Jeff
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]

As figured, you've got this 2TB drive, ~1863GB usuable space and 1740.53GB is unallocated so you can't use it at all. You can't easily add this unallocated space to C: with basic windows Disk Management tool as the unallocated space is not adjacent to C:.

You have several options, two discussed below:
1) Have a tech guy assist you with partition software. Partition software can easily add the unallocated space to C: even though it's not adjacent to C:. Doing this would make the space available to anything on C: like your home documents, so path C:\Users\My HP tower\Documents. You would just have one large C: area to use as you wish with PD or anything else.
2) Right click on the "Unallocated" block and choose, "New Simple Volume...". This will walk your through some dialog boxes and will by default define the largest volume, namely, 1740.53GB. It will allow you to name and define a drive letter to it, probably G: in your case. You will then have a separate drive letter G: that you can use for video or PD produced files. It is NOT part of your home area on C:. It is a separate drive letter and could be used for source video, produced video, whatever you wish and it's ~1.7TB in size. To use this in PD, in like your second posted "cyber 2.JPG" pic in the "Export folder..." location you would use the "..." button to migrate to a G:\ path. Or to always use the G: drive, in PD pref > File, change the Export folder to G:\... you can also change your Import folder if you plan on putting your source video on G: since you now have plenty of space.

What one does is really user specific and how you like things stored. Either way discussed, you will finally have access to your whole drive you bought.

Jeff

Thank you very much for this info. I'm going to print it out and take a day or two to digest it and maybe test my skills (ha). I'm not worried as I have the necessary discs to do a factory reset if I mess anythng up.
I really don't know how the C: drive got so screwed up. I'd have never known it if I hadn't decided to do a music video of one of my wife's favorite singers that suddenlly passed away last week.
Anyway, I will update this post, as I said in a day or two, when I decide what I'm going to do.
I really appreciate your help and time on this.
Have a good weekend. Jack