Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating New Video Collage Templates??
dlnokes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2015 17:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I see how one can modify some (but not all) attributes of the existing frame templates provided in the PD Video Collage Designer plugin.

But is there anyway to create new templates from scratch? If so I can't find any intructions or tutorials on how to do this.

Thank you for any help!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I could not find any references to building collages from scratch too. It looks like we have to work within the 2 to 7 shapes range that are available, and change them to our needs. Something with the next version wish list?!
I wonder what kind of collage you want to create?
dlnokes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I could not find any references to building collages from scratch too. It looks like we have to work within the 2 to 7 shapes range that are available, and change them to our needs. Something with the next version wish list?!
I wonder what kind of collage you want to create?

I want to have a three-frames over-three-frames template that has straight veticals (the three-over-three version available now has slanted verticals). I also want a template that has six side-by-side frames.

It seems on CyberLink DirectorZone in the "video collage" section, threre a few template shapes that not simply modified versions of the ones available in in the Collage Designer plugin. So I was wondering how those were created.

Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
They likely used tools created by long time forum contributer GodfreyZA. His website is https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/ and all his tools are free

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed. And it is clever software too. I have looked at the underlying files. Building software to create and generate these files is not trivial and there is the possibility that its changes in the next version. Maybe good to ask CyberLink to please make the software available or better, build in creation of collage templates from scratch. After all, apparently they have done the trick already:
dlnokes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote They likely used tools created by long time forum contributer GodfreyZA. His website is https://oneclickmobi.com/powerdirector-templates/ and all his tools are free

Thank you! I'll definitely check that out.