Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow creator
JGardner64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2020 14:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Any idea on how I can swap one photo for another in an existing slideshow. I somehow put an incorrect photo in one place in the slideshow?
I am farily new to PowerDirector, so a novice on editing.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any idea on how I can swap one photo for another in an existing slideshow. I somehow put an incorrect photo in one place in the slideshow?
I am farily new to PowerDirector, so a novice on editing.
Load the original project, You can replace the wrong photo for the correct one, then produce the project again. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JGardner64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2020 14:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm still not understanding how I remove the first photo, & replace with the correct one?
I've already reloaded the project, so advise my next step.
Learning this at a snails pace!
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm still not understanding how I remove the first photo, & replace with the correct one?
I've already reloaded the project, so advise my next step.
Learning this at a snails pace!

What I would do if it is only 1 photo is this:
1) Locate and note the name of the photo file you wish to replace.
2) Rename the original to differentiate it from the name used in the porject file.
3) Create a copy of the photo you wish to insert.
4) Rename this photo (the copy) with the original name of the photo to be replaced.
5) Place this copy in the same location as the original photo.
6) Open the project. It will use the photo you want without blinking.

That is what I have done and continue to do if is is a small number of photos to replace.

Hope this helps

Hal
PatsyP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 13:17 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure you close your project first. But I swear sometimes when I try to replace by simply sliding a photo over another in a timeline, one of the options (along with "crossfade" and all that) is "replace". I click replace, and the new photo goes in with the oringinal photos transitions. Easy peasy. But I dont get that option each time. Why is that?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why is that?

You have to drag the new clip somewher in the middle of the original clip to bring up the replace option when you release the clip. If you end up with the leading edges of the clips lined up, you won't.