Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default Aspect Ratio for Applying "Random" Pan & Zoom to All photos
SKress [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2020 18:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that the "Random" option in conjunction with the "Apply to All" button for Pan & Zoom is very handly for adding motion to slideshows. The only issue I am having is that, even though my production is set to 16:9 aspect ratio, the program zooms way far in to any Portrait (9:16) photos resulting in incomplete photos/fast pans. I assume it does this to eliminate the black bars on the sides of the production. Since I'd rather have black bars on the sides to view more of the photo, I have to use the User Defined option or Motion Designer to manual change the aspect ratio to 16:9 and setup the pan & zoom manually for EVERY portrait photo.

Is there any option that I can change so that I don't have to manually do this for portait photos??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2020 20:04

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a very interesting situation and there's no way to change the default setting. I tried many different approaches and found that the Motion Designer's AR can be set to Freeform without affecting the existing keyframes, but you'd still have to manually adjust the zoom level and position on each image individually to your match your desired look.

By far the easiest way to do this is to create a project of just your vertical clips and set the project AR to 9:16. You don't have to fight anything and then the Random tool will give you everything you want. Produce that timeline as-is, and then import it into your main 16:9 project and you should be good to go!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
A very interesting situation indeed, and I also did try a number of options.
For one, I tried to move some images to another track to see whether that made any difference. No I did not. And even when I disabled the track, Apply to all, means apply to all.
What I got extra to my surprise was a FADE transition between adjacent images in the same track? That was a feature I did not see before?
A feature btw that can be switched on and off in the preferences.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2020 06:19