Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ERROR with Ultra UHD BluRay Advisor
Alex8888 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2020 05:37 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning everyone!
Recently I bought a 4K player device and the PowerDVD 19 software, in order to play my UHD 4k blu rays.

But when I do the test with the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor to know if my PC is able to play them, I pass all the requirements except one: "Advanced audio / video path (GPU)".

Ultra UHD BluRay Advisor

How can I fix this?

My PC is a MSI and here are my PC specifications (in case someone needs it):

PC

Please I need your help. Thank you so much!
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Most likely your GPU or motherboard do not support UHD BD playback. Please upload your DSDiag file as requested:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79023.page#post_box_324623

And check the requirements as outlined here:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/66024.page

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't know because I've checked the requirements several times and I think I have all them.
Here you have attached the Dxdiag file.

Thank you!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dxdiag
 Filesize
99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
179 time(s)
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, UHD 4K, only works with an Intel graphics card with a corresponding processor. See link

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144 Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello.
But I've read that if you have an Intel processor with a Nvidia GTX 900 or superior, you can play uhd 4K.
Is that true or it's only because of the powerdvd requirements (which maybe are a bit different)?

Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can have a Nvidia card. Try this: Disconnect the cable from the Nvidia card to the monitor. Get an appropriate hdmi cable and connect it from the motherboard to the monitor. It may work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2020 11:19

Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi! The problem is that I have a laptop.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
No experience with playing uhd bd with a laptop. You may try changing the app setting from the Nvidia to the Energy saving when using PowerDVD to see if the intel gpu gets enabled.
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you please tell me how to do that?

Sorry, I've never done that before. Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not at my Win 10 computer today. Here is one of the many tutorial I saw on YouTube on making the laptop use the Nvidia card instead of the Intel card. You need to do the opposte and navigate away from the Nvida high performance to the energy saving intel gpu: https://youtu.be/vjaDd0TIth4 . There are other videos on TouTube on the same subject. You just need to choose the opposite say low performance. Stay away from high performance settings.
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okey, I'll try it! If I have any problem I'll answer you here.
Thank you so much!
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi! I did it but it didn't work. I have no Intel energy-saving option. All I have is NVIDIA 1060.
[Thumb - Screenshot_1.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You have a Gaming Laptop where the Intel HD Graphics is in the i7-7700HQ cpu. It looks like the bios is set to use the external Nvidia. You need to set it to the Internal Intel. On many laptops bios settings are limited but believe that you can make the change since it is a high end gaming laptop.

If this works then you don’t have to do anything else.
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh! Okey.
But one question, if I do it, I can only change it when I'm going to see a 4k movie and then set it back to use Nvidia? (for a better performance in other processes) Or I couldn't do it?

Thank you
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Once you change the graphics setting in the bios to allow the Intel to be used then it is possible to use the Nvidia for the 3D games settings like all the other discussions in this PD Forum. The Intel will be used for PD and PDVD19 while the Nvidia should be used for all your games automatically. You can check this in the Nvidia control panel. It looks like you have the option in the bios to use the Nvidia card for hardware encoding in PD and in all your games if you want. This is a versatile and better laptop than what most users have.
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's great , thank you so much.
But I have to ask you something else (sorry for being so annoying). I've searched how to do what you have told me (set the bios to use Internal Intel, not Nvidia) but I haven't found anything that I can "trust".
Could you please explain me how to do it, if you know ?

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The bios in Desktops are more versatile. It is more limited in Laptops because the manufacturer don't want you to make mistakes like overclocking the bus in a laptop.

See this thread on the discussion on changing the graphics card in the bios: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/81684.page . I do not have your laptop. You may want to contact MSI support about making the change in the bios if you don't see the option to do it.
Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okey, thank you so much Tomas!
I'll go to sleep and tomorrow I will check all this.

Have a nice day
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Ultra HD Blu-ray is NOT supported on NVIDIA GPU no matter how powerful it is.

4K video file does NOT have DRM protection like Ultra HD Blu-ray. Your NVIDIA GPU might have the capacity to play a 4K video file, but does not mean that it has the DRM compatiblity with "Ultra HD Blu-ray".

Their requirements have clarified the compatibility already. Don't trying to ignore it. Ignoring it won't make your laptop become compatible with playing Utlra HD Blu-ray discs unless you cracking the DRM of it.

Don't waste your time if your laptop has only one "NVIDIA" GPU, or the NVIDIA GPU is the main GPU to power the laptop screen.

Advanced protected video/audio path won't pass on a platform if it is installed with NVIDIA GPU.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2020 21:44

Alex8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, but this is what Tomas said:

You have a Gaming Laptop where the Intel HD Graphics is in the i7-7700HQ cpu. It looks like the bios is set to use the external Nvidia. You need to set it to the Internal Intel. On many laptops bios settings are limited but believe that you can make the change since it is a high end gaming laptop.

If this works then you don’t have to do anything else.

And I think it has sense, I don't know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2020 04:46