Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insert dead air before clip starts
chitown87 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2016 14:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm trying to add one second of silence before it goes into my clip. How can I do that?

I tried to "Insert Silence" but it cuts off 1 second of the actual audio

Thanks
Mike
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I'm trying to add one second of silence before it goes into my clip. How can I do that?

I tried to "Insert Silence" but it cuts off 1 second of the actual audio

Thanks
Mike

Add and image for 1sec. or a colorboard. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think PD Tutorials thought you were asking about PD, not AD.

You're right that the normal editing tools don't allow you to add any new silence, but you can do exactly what you're looking for by placing the scrubber at the beginning of the clip, then going to the Adjustment panel on the Edit screen. Expand the Insert Silence tool and you should see the duration already set to 1.000 seconds.

Click Apply and you're done

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
chitown87 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2016 14:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think PD Tutorials thought you were asking about PD, not AD.

You're right that the normal editing tools don't allow you to add any new silence, but you can do exactly what you're looking for by placing the scrubber at the beginning of the clip, then going to the Adjustment panel on the Edit screen. Expand the Insert Silence tool and you should see the duration already set to 1.000 seconds.

Click Apply and you're done

This worked! I must have not been dragging the scrubber all the way to the beginning. Thank you!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2020 14:44