Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to use a self-design scene with YouCam?
Shen-Chang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2020 22:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Can we use Power Director to design a scene for YouCam? How can we load it to YouCam?

Best Regards,

Shen-Chang
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was able to do this manually by doing the following:

1. Opening a photo of mine in Paint.Net, making an area transparent, and then saving the image file as a .PNG. My image was of a scoreboard, so I called it scoreboard.png.

2. Save a smaller version of the image file as a .JPG, with "_thumbnail" added to the original name. So I named mine scoreboard_Thumbnail.jpg.

3. Going to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam9\FunnyScene

4. Create a new folder for my new scene (I called it "scoreboard") and copy the new images in that folder.

5. Go to one of the other existing scene folders and then copy the ".bkt" file in your new folder.

6. Rename the file to have the same name as your image, for example "scoreboard.bkt".

7. Open the ".bkt" file in notepad and then change as I did with your file names:
    - <Profile Name="Scoreboard" Thumbnail="Scoreboard_Thumbnail.jpg" />
    - <TopPicInfo Name="Scoreboard.png" />

8. Save the file*.

* I had to save as the file on my desktop, and then copy it back to the new folder as Windows wouldn't allow me to directly edit the file in that folder. Could just be my computer though.

Just to let you know, I created two transparent windows in my image, and I wasn't able to have the webcam image show up fully in each one. My webcam is just viewable behind the image. Will work on it more to see if I can improve....I just this quickly before bed here!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dave
Shen-Chang [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Dave,

I just did as you instructed in your email. I did see the thumbmail to show up in Youcam scene. But, when I use it in Youcam, webcam image does not show up in the transparent window. I tried the photo in powerpoint, the transpaent area of the photo is indeed transparent.

Anything I am missing.

Best Regards,

Shen-Chang
[Thumb - 講道背景_Thumbnail.jpg]
 Filename
講道背景_Thumbnail.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
講道背景.bkt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)
[Thumb - 講道背景.png]
 Filename
講道背景.png
[Disk]
 Description
my png file
 Filesize
642 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Shen-Chang [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Dave,

I have solved the problem. I saved the photo with transparent area in the wrong way. Now everything works fine.

Best Regards,

Shen-Chang
Shen-Chang [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Dave,

I now know how to design a Youcam scene with a static PNG picture. But, it seems more complicated to design a scene with animations. There are quite a few XML files to deal with. Does you know any design tool that can produce a scene readily usable by Youcam? Or using templates p;roduced by PowerDirector to design a scene with 3D object or animations?

Shen-Chang
mwaraitch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2020 17:57 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The information in this post seems to pertain to older versions. I tried it with youcam9 and it did not work. It seem there is file with extension fbx which controls the location of the speaker image. As I experienced, if we don't have .fbx file in the directory, when the desired scene is opened, youcam breaks and shuts down. The language in .fbx is encypted. I assume we cannot do it till the time we know the language used in the .fbx file
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
No, the information is for YouCam 9 as that is the version I have installed. Let's be clear here that creating your custom Scene is not an available feature in the program, and I just tried to provide a workaround that only works for certain scenes.

Your best bet is to contact CyberLink requesting the scene you want, or a user on DirectorZone that you have seen creating the scenes themselves.

Dave