Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Folder Structure For Movies
CWRileyJr123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2020 14:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Before upgrading to PowerDVD20 I need to resolve a problem in that most of my movies on my HD do not show up in the PowerDVD library view.

In Windows 10 I have the following Movie Folder structure - "DVD Movies"/"Movie Name"/VIDEO_TS/ then a list of files created from DVDDECRYPTER. I do have one ISO movie in a folder with the path "DVD Movies"/"Movie Name"/Movie.iso. This one shows up in the library view.

Is there a description of all the acceptable folder structures and contents that will help me deal with different movie files so they show up in the LIBRARY window?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
It doesn't seem like your folder structure is the issue, but PowerDVD can't detect the files. What files are in the Video_TS folder? I have one similar folder in my library and it displays the movie info without problem in PowerDVD 19. In my folder is .iFO, .VBO files, etc.

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
If your video disc folder is a perfect but not corrupted one, I suggest you import the root/parent folder on top of your video disc folder to the library, and check if the movies come up in to your movie library after imported.
(e.g. Import the "ABC" folder from ABC\MOVIE_NAME\VIDEO_TS path)
CWRileyJr123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2020 14:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I may be on to something. I ran an experiment where I copied two movies from my "mapped" M: drive to a local drive using the same folder structure. Cyperlink PowerDVD found and did display the correct movie icons.

So it appears that PowerDVD has a limitation or at least is not reliable (sometimes it works, other times not in displaying movies on a "mapped" drive.

My "Mapped" drive M: (M for movies) is on an external HD connected to my network router USB port. The path for M: is \\Router\sda5\Movies.