Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Workflow for synching external sound
Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I can use Power directors sound synchronising facility. However I have a problem with a smooth work flow.
The steps I use
New project, name and save
Import Nikon MOV video and Wav file from Zoom H4n recorder
In titler place two consecutive title clips on track 1
Place one video clip immediately after the titles
Place a title clip at the end of the video clip.
Place Wav file on track 2
Highlight both tracks
Select audio sync
Deselect track 1 audio

The auto sync works very well however there remains the 'unwanted' sound at the front of track 2. I want to delete this without the elements of the video moving out of sync then move everything fully to the left. This is not working for me even if I select group. The audio and the audio is getting moved out of sync.

Although I mentioned track 1 and track 2, I see that PD moves tracks after a sync operation and I don't understand why it does this.

If there is a better workflow then I would be very please to receive suggestions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD will always move synced clips to completely new lower tracks to ensure that they won't interfere with any existing content. It also doesn't matter at all where the two clips are in relation to one another when you sync them.

As to removing the unwanted section, there are several options:

The easiest might be to simply trim the unwanted section from the .WAV clip to begin with, so when you sync you're already set.

If it's already synced, you can cut the .WAV clip at the start of the first clip and then use Shift + Del (or right-click and choose Remove > Remove and Leave Gap) to leave all clips in their current positions. You can then select all the clips and drag them to the new position.

Alternatively, you can instead use Alt + Del (or right-click and choose Remove > Remove, Fill Gap, and Move All Clips) to remove the unwanted section and move all clips up to keep them in sync.

Thre are even more ways to do this, but these seem to make the most sense based on your situation.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD will always move synced clips to completely new lower tracks to ensure that they won't interfere with any existing content. It also doesn't matter at all where the two clips are in relation to one another when you sync them.

As to removing the unwanted section, there are several options:

The easiest might be to simply trim the unwanted section from the .WAV clip to begin with, so when you sync you're already set.

If it's already synced, you can cut the .WAV clip at the start of the first clip and then use Shift + Del (or right-click and choose Remove > Remove and Leave Gap) to leave all clips in their current positions. You can then select all the clips and drag them to the new position.

Alternatively, you can instead use Alt + Del (or right-click and choose Remove > Remove, Fill Gap, and Move All Clips) to remove the unwanted section and move all clips up to keep them in sync.

Thre are even more ways to do this, but these seem to make the most sense based on your situation.

Thanks I'll try your suggestions out.