Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mirrored video after produced SVRT
pizzicato [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2020 12:15 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Ok.

GoPro, filmed upside down... then imported to PD, everything fine.... if not sliced video. If sliced and then produced SVRT, at te slice position video rendered upside down. If produced without SVRT, rendered fine.

Program error SVRT???
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
SVRT basically copies the unedited sections of the original clip to the produced video, and there's no way it can flip a video upside down. It's more likely that something happened in the metadata.

What media player did you use to determine the orientation of the new clip? Do the original and SVRT clip have the same orientation on PD's timeline or in the media library?
pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, I filmed with GoPro, upside down, because I use chesty for mountain bikeing. I transfer video to my computer. Video can be viewd normaly on every player, even on Powerdirector in edit mode.

Then, I just split btw 2 times this video, nothing else.

Then I go to Produce.

If i chose SVRT, produced video is normaly on start, but when it comes to slice position, video turned upside down, and then at next slice, video turned normaly again.

But if I produce same video without SVRT, then entire video is produced normaly.

This had to be programming error on SVRT...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That does sound like a bug.

Can you upload your source clip and the produced version to a folder on Google Drive, DropBox or OneDive and paste a shareable link here? It woud be very interesting to see this directly.

Also, what is the full version number of PD17?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 15:32

pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still same problem, every time recorded with GoPro chesty (upside down camera). Only when use SVRT. Is that gonna be fixed in PowerDirector?
optodata
[Post New]
We're volunteers here so I can't answer any questions about what Cyberlink will or won't do. You haven't provided the requested info, and we can't do anything to assist without seeing one of your source clips.

You can also contact CL tech support directly from this page, but they'll need to see the same info and source clip that I've asked you for. They'll also need to see your DxDiag results (which would be helpful if you posted them here, too). Please follow steps in the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread to generate the detailed list.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I decided to check it out with my GoPro6 clips. SVRT is not available for my hevc 4k/60p recordings. Used 4 instances of the sample skateboard.mp4 clip trimmed to about 5 sec. each and butted together. Rotated the second one 180 degrees in the preview window, flipped the fourth one upside down in PiP Designer. Produced with SVRT and found the second part rotated and the fourth part flipped as expected in PD17.
pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I decided to check it out with my GoPro6 clips. SVRT is not available for my hevc 4k/60p recordings. Used 4 instances of the sample skateboard.mp4 clip trimmed to about 5 sec. each and butted together. Rotated the second one 180 degrees in the preview window, flipped the fourth one upside down in PiP Designer. Produced with SVRT and found the second part rotated and the fourth part flipped as expected in PD17.

Try this and pls report:

Record short clip with GoPro turned upside down, then import this to PD 17. Change nothing, just produce with SVRT. You will see produced video upside down.

Strange is, that in timeline it looks fine (you dont have to rotate clip), but produced is upside down (only when use SVRT).
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
pizzacato - I can't do this as I said above that my GoPro clips are hevc 4k/60p. SVRT is not available. I don't have any say 1080/30p or 25p clips to test. The avc sample clips and all my other clips work just fine.

Unless you have a specific clip or pack project to share, how is any user going to duplicate what you said. There are too many cameras in the world. Mine work as expected.
pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote pizzacato - I can't do this as I said above that my GoPro clips are hevc 4k/60p. SVRT is not available. I don't have any say 1080/30p or 25p clips to test. The avc sample clips and all my other clips work just fine.

Unless you have a specific clip or pack project to share, how is any user going to duplicate what you said. There are too many cameras in the world. Mine work as expected.

So, you have GoPro. Record in 1080p, camera upside down, then report. OK?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So, you have GoPro. Record in 1080p, camera upside down, then report. OK?

It would be so much easier if you would simply share a short clip that shows the issue on your system. Upload it to GoogleDrive or DropBox or OneDrive and paste a shareable link to it here.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you a link to upload to a folder on my OneDrive account.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sent. Please test now.
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for sharing the clip!

I no longer have PD17, and I'm afraid I don't see any issues with it in PD365. The original clip is here so other members can test it on PD17.

With PD365, the original clip is right-side up like you see on your system, but so are the 3 SVRT versions I made:

1. Producing the clip as-is

2. Producing after splitting the clip at time 3:44

3. Producing after trimming @3:44 and removing a 3 second section (shown on the timeline)

This screenshot shows the timeline with the original clip edited for test #3, and with all the produced clips in the media library. The third SVRT clip is shown in the preview window after the trim and is clearly not flipped:

YouTube/optodata

pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
So, you produce it if clip is trimed and splited, using SVRT?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So, you produce it if clip is trimed and splited, using SVRT?

Yes. I just made another clip with 2 splits and the long middle section removed and produced with SVRT. It's in the shared folder I linked to earlier.

Like I said I don't have PD17 so someone else will need to test the clip to see if they have the same problem. Can you please tell us the full version number you have installed?

YouTube/optodata

pizzicato [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If your reference to this type of flip with SVRT, yes that occurs in PD17 and appears ok in PD18. Although other SVRT issue have plagued PD18, that one appears to be ok.

PD17 SVRT produced clip in lower left quad, PD18 clip of same edits in upper right quad of attached pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_SVRTFLIP.png]
 Filename
PD17_SVRTFLIP.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
824 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2020 14:12

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the confirmation! I agree it's as little surprising to see SVRT working better in PD18 given the earlier issues, so this now seems isolated to PD17.

pizzicato, I think you should report the issue here. Please copy the URL of this thread in your support request so they can see everything that's gone on here. they'll also be able to work with your original clip.

YouTube/optodata