Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Player App Shared Media
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
When you share media in Cyberlink PowerDVD 20 so that it can be accessed by the Cyberlink Power Play App on a Cellphone or mobile device why do you need to log in to the Cyberlink Cloud if the media is resident on the PC on which PowerDVD 20 is installed.. It seems a little un-neccessary.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 19. 2020 02:14

prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote When you share media in Cyberlink PowerDVD 20 so that it can be accessed by the Cyberlink Power Play App on a Cellphone or mobile device why do you need to log in to the Cyberlink Cloud if the media is resident on the PC on which PowerDVD 20 is installed.. It seems a little un-neccessary.

I forgot to point out that I am not expecting to be able to connect over the Internet I only intend using this application on a local network with both cabled and wifi connected devices.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

If you just share media on a computer with PowerDVD 20 installed via "Share on Home Network", then you don't need to sign in to CyberLink Cloud for PowerPlayer to access it somewhere else in the house.

As long as you are connected to the same network as the first computer, and that computer is turned on, your mobile device with PowerPlayer can play the shared media. You should see the computer name underneath the "On This Device" button.

If you uploaded any media files to CyberLink Cloud, then that is when you need to sign in on the app to view them.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 19. 2020 22:19

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

If you just share media on a computer with PowerDVD 20 installed via "Share on Home Network", then you don't need to sign in to CyberLink Cloud for PowerPlayer to access it somewhere else in the house.

As long as you are connected to the same network as the first computer, and that computer is turned on, your mobile device with PowerPlayer can play the shared media. You should see the computer name underneath the "On This Device" button.

If you uploaded any media files to CyberLink Cloud, then that is when you need to sign in on the app to view them.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

That is logical I agree. However when I try to share a Media Library to my local network in PowerDVD 20 the next thing that happens is that a login box for Cyberlink Cloud pops up and I don't have a cloud account. When I try to redeem/create one I end up in an endless loop of Kafkaesque frustration, but thats not this problem. I will take shared media library question to the support organisation, they already have the Cloud question.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
To use the sharing on home network feature, you need to sign in a Cyberlink account to start the sharing.

The account you signed in for media library sharing requires CyberLink Cloud strorage redeem. After the account got redeem, you can continue your sharing without CyberLink Cloud. The redeem is free for Ultra edition users.

This is my testing result, FYI.

I think this sign-in step is for further playback on a standalone web browser that the webapge requries an sign in first no matter you use the CyberLink Cloud feature or not.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24935
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
That clarifies a number of things for me, obviously I went astray with the Cloud Storage message. So if as implied after I click "Share on local home network" the media library is now shared the next question has to be why isn't it visible in the Power Player app, I have The Cloud, This Device and a "looking for Media shared in Power Play on the LAN" which doesn't find anything. So I obviously have an issue with the app or teh pc or the network.
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That clarifies a number of things for me, obviously I went astray with the Cloud Storage message. So if as implied after I click "Share on local home network" the media library is now shared the next question has to be why isn't it visible in the Power Player app, I have The Cloud, This Device and a "looking for Media shared in Power Play on the LAN" which doesn't find anything. So I obviously have an issue with the app or teh pc or the network.

Or my understanding of the program. I have now worked out a few more things but I am obviously a slow learner.

1. I added a folder in the Media Library for Video.

2. I right clicked the Media folder and clicked "Share on local home network".

3. I filled in my email address and password to log into my account and clicked OK.

The next step I missed because of the subtlety.

4. I checked under the tab marked "My Shared Media to Other Devices". There are no files or folders listed which presumeably is why I cannot see anything from the mobile app.

Now to follow that problem up...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 15:02

prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Or my understanding of the program. I have now worked out a few more things but I am obviously a slow learner.

1. I added a folder in the Media Library for Video.

2. I right clicked the Media folder and clicked "Share on local home network".

3. I filled in my email address and password to log into my account and clicked OK.

The next step I missed because of the subtlety.

4. I checked under the tab marked "My Shared Media to Other Devices". There are no files or folders listed which presumeably is why I cannot see anything from the mobile app.

Now to follow that problem up...

OK so I have continued to pursue my non understanding of my problem. I have now managed to "Redeem" my 100Gig storage on the Cyberlink Cloud and voila I have fewer issues, (I tried repeatedly yesterday and could not do it). Having put in my email address and password into the box when asked everything magically seems to improve. I now have folders under the tab marked "My Shared Media to Other Devices".

The app doesn't see them yet but thats another problem that I will muddle through.

The important point being that to share content on your local network you appear to need a Cloud Account even though you don't intend to use it. Which leads to the question what happens when my free one year trial runs out ??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 15:01

prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]

OK so I have continued to pursue my non understanding of my problem. I have now managed to "Redeem" my 100Gig storage on the Cyberlink Cloud and voila I have fewer issues, (I tried repeatedly yesterday and could not do it). Having put in my email address and password into the box when asked everything magically seems to improve. I now have folders under the tab marked "My Shared Media to Other Devices".

The app doesn't see them yet but thats another problem that I will muddle through.

The important point being that to share content on your local network you appear to need a Cloud Account even though you don't intend to use it. Which leads to the question what happens when my free one year trial runs out ??

I have now resolved the bumbling learner issues I struggled through. Note to self - must try harder or avoid new software.....smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 15:10