Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector Batch Process Video Clips form Single Timeline??
atomhr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2019 07:40 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Folks,

I would think if it was possible I would have found it already but I will ask anyway. Is there a way to batch process multiple clips from a single timeline that you have edited and separated and produce them into individual mp4 clips instead of manually producing each clip one by one? I am using powerdirector16 but if any current versions have the capability, I may be interested. Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would think if it was possible I would have found it already but I will ask anyway. Is there a way to batch process multiple clips from a single timeline that you have edited and separated and produce them into individual mp4 clips instead of manually producing each clip one by one? I am using powerdirector16 but if any current versions have the capability, I may be interested. Thanks.

No, nothing more really in PD17 or PD18 for that.

Not sure how many clips are on your timeline, one could duplicate the timeline X times, edit X pds files to just delete unwanted clips (might be easier than range selects), then batch produce all the X pds files.

Depending how you intend to use the clips, maybe scene detect can work with the encompassed timeline produced file to automatically section with individual precut segments. For instance, one could start a new project, import the produced file, use the scene detect to manage pieces, use any single piece in your timeline as if it was a produced clip.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Someone asked a similar question recently. The answer is no because PD is designed to take all the clips and edits on the timeline in turn them into a finished video.

If you want to process many different clips and get individual produced versions of each of them, you'll need to create a separate project with only one clip on the timeline and give each project the name you want your produced clip to have. Then you can run all the projects through the Batch Produce tool.
atomhr [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the input...i didn't think there was a solution apart from what I am doing already.

Cheers!
mwhite1249 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 19:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Someone asked a similar question recently. The answer is no because PD is designed to take all the clips and edits on the timeline in turn them into a finished video.

If you want to process many different clips and get individual produced versions of each of them, you'll need to create a separate project with only one clip on the timeline and give each project the name you want your produced clip to have. Then you can run all the projects through the Batch Produce tool.

This is exactly my problem and I asked a similar question. Can you give me some advice on the best way to organize a project that will have multiple short videos. I teach accounting and need to so some tutorials for students. Thanks so much as this is absolutely essential and something I've been struggling with.
atomhr [Avatar]
[Post New]

This is exactly my problem and I asked a similar question. Can you give me some advice on the best way to organize a project that will have multiple short videos. I teach accounting and need to so some tutorials for students. Thanks so much as this is absolutely essential and something I've been struggling with.

I do know that Adobe Premiere Pro is able to batch process so the task is not so daunting if you can deal with the price point. This is what I have been doing:

1. Breaking down my video in segments by simply using the splitting tool.
2. Drag the timeline marker on the right the length of my clip.
3. Select Produce range from the menu above the timeline.

This is laborious but I manage for the time being. Hope it helps.

Cheers.
mwhite1249 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 19:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]

I do know that Adobe Premiere Pro is able to batch process so the task is not so daunting if you can deal with the price point. This is what I have been doing:

1. Breaking down my video in segments by simply using the splitting tool.
2. Drag the timeline marker on the right the length of my clip.
3. Select Produce range from the menu above the timeline.

This is laborious but I manage for the time being. Hope it helps.

Cheers.

That's a great idea. I want the videos to have the same look and feel. Will try that. TYVM