Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selecting and group multiple clips
5X5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 20:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot seem to find any way to select multiple clips on the timeline so I can close them all together or group them.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you can do that in the mobile app.

What were you hoping to do if you could select mutliple clips, or if you could deal with some as a group? Apply the same FX or adjustments to them?

You can do all of those things and a lot more with the desktiop version of PD. You can import the mobile project and pick up where you left off, but you can't go from desktop to mobile.
5X5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 20:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you can do that in the mobile app.

What were you hoping to do if you could select mutliple clips, or if you could deal with some as a group? Apply the same FX or adjustments to them?

You can do all of those things and a lot more with the desktiop version of PD. You can import the mobile project and pick up where you left off, but you can't go from desktop to mobile.

I understand about the desktop version. If on my desktop I use Premiere. Let's sey you are making a slide show or just have a group of clips that are all short and you want to move them for whatever reason. It is a popular thing to do so I was hoping I had just missed the button or instruction somewhere. That would be a good feature to add.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I see what you mean. I think it's because unlike the full desktop NLEs, the clips on PD Mobile's timeline always snap together and there isn't any obvious way to leave a space in between. Maybe moving clips in a block would mess that up somehow, but it seems like the selected block would just flow to the new position when you dropped it.

Either way, you can request that functionality by going to Settings then FAQ & Send Feedback.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2020 23:18