Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Move/Drag Clips
Daniel2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 03:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded to the latest version of PowerDirector since the old one kept crashing. However, my issue with the latest is that one of the most basic features is missing - I cannot drag a clip from one place to another. I can select it, and the clip will not move. Only the timeline will. I am using a Chromebook. Please help.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
If you're using a Chromebook, then you're using the Android version of PowerDirector not PowerDirector 18. In this version of PowerDirector, yes you can't move clips. PowerDirector 18 is a Windows app.
Daniel2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2020 03:37 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you're using a Chromebook, then you're using the Android version of PowerDirector not PowerDirector 18. In this version of PowerDirector, yes you can't move clips. PowerDirector 18 is a Windows app.

Well, then it's no longer useful to me, as I used to be able to drag clips before. Will have to find another editing software.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
You could move clips before because you were using the full PowerDirector application, presumably on a windows machine. And if you were still doing that and using the latest PowerDirector you would be able to to do that.

I don't think you can expect an app designed for phones to provide the full functionality of the desktop version. I would suggest that if you want to use your Chromebook at you look into online services.

Full disclosure I too use a Chromebook as well as Windows.