Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Urgent request for help with viewing problem....
Larryg81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2020 08:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone

I have recently purchased Power Director 18 Ultra as a replacement for the no-longer-supported Movieplus 6 from Serif... I have burnt my first DVD and it works on our DVD player but doesnt work on some other peoples...(they get picture but not sound)

DetailsI can provide:

• Footage shot on Sony Camcorder in mp4 format

• Burnt to DVD in Power Director in 2D with three chapter markers and no main menu

• Burnt to Tesco DVD+R 8x 4.7GB Disk

• Also tried on Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB Total file size in Power Director is less than 4GB so not believed to be size issue

• Works on some DVD players but not others

• Worked on PS4

• Didnt work on XBOX 360

Any guidance or help would be very very much appreciated

Kind regards
Lawrence
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
First and easiest -- Get a few - R (dash R) to see if the players will play on those DVDs. Not all playes will play +R and -R.

Break down and buy quality discs rather than what ever you bought (tesco)

Edit -- I just reread your post that you did try both dash R and A better quality (?) discs. Not all discs are the same in a stack.
I use nothing but JVC Taiyo Yuden.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2020 08:57

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Stevek is right. None of the other factors play any role in how compatible your discs are. The only things that matter are the quality of the disk and how tolerant the disc player is with home-burned discs.

Tayo Yuden and Verbatim make the most consistently good discs. Either of them will give you good quality.

But you can't do much about how well your disc player accepts discs. Sony players are notorious for not likely home-burned discs. If your PS4 doesn't like your discs, it just doesn't like your discs. There's not a lot you can do to make it otherwise.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have burnt my first DVD and it works on our DVD player but doesnt work on some other peoples...(they get picture but not sound)

Since DVD disc loads and video plays without skips, just no audio, I'd probably try LPCM audio if you had used DTS.

Jeff