Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Production randomly stuck if use H265
babareto1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2019 03:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

when i try to export in H265, the production process sometimes stuck at a certain percentage. Rarely it goes to the end without problems. I've tried with SAME files and SAME project many times, changing containter from mp4 to mkv, but the problem occurs randomly, rather, if i select mp4 containter, generated video file can be glitchy when i open it with VLC (not always), showing flickering green colours, but with good audio.

I've already tried to activate and deactivate the option "hardware encoding" but nothing has changed.

For now my workaround is to produce video in h264 in powerdirector, then convert them in h265 with Handbrake.

Thanks to all!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
115 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2020 06:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the forum's index page, then attach the DxDiag results so we can get a clear understanding of your computer's capabilities and how it's configured.
babareto1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting thread at the top of the forum's index page, then attach the DxDiag results so we can get a clear understanding of your computer's capabilities and how it's configured.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
109 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. I don't have any experience with AMD graphics cards, but one thing you can try is to update to a newer driver. If there's an option for a "clean install" (completely remove the existing driver before installing the new version), you should try that.

When you run PD again, you should get a message that it wants to optimize the GPU settings, and then see if you can produce cleanly. If you still have the problem and couldn't do a clean install of the Radeon driver, try uninstalling the GPU from Device Manager and then reboot. Windows should then install it with the new driver.

Also, there are some crash reports at the end of the DxDiag file, and they show that mspaint.exe has crashed several times. That's an odd program to crash, and it's possible that it's related to the AMD driver. It may also indicate a problem with how Win10 is installed, and you can try the two commands in bold type in this post to see if they can find and repair any problems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
babareto1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. I don't have any experience with AMD graphics cards, but one thing you can try is to update to a newer driver. If there's an option for a "clean install" (completely remove the existing driver before installing the new version), you should try that.

When you run PD again, you should get a message that it wants to optimize the GPU settings, and then see if you can produce cleanly. If you still have the problem and couldn't do a clean install of the Radeon driver, try uninstalling the GPU from Device Manager and then reboot. Windows should then install it with the new driver.

Also, there are some crash reports at the end of the DxDiag file, and they show that mspaint.exe has crashed several times. That's an odd program to crash, and it's possible that it's related to the AMD driver. It may also indicate a problem with how Win10 is installed, and you can try the two commands in bold type in this post to see if they can find and repair any problems.

thanks for the reply,
i've tried to clean uninstall and install newest driver, but the problem is still (randomly) present. For now i'm exporting in h264 then converting into h265 with handbrake for smaller files with same quality.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2020 06:05

optodata
[Post New]
I imagine Cyberlink's tech support can help you out, and they can also escalate the issue to engineering if they find a problem with PD and your hardware. You can contact them here, and I recommend also including a link to this thread so they can see what you've already tried.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
babareto1, if you bring your H.264 into PD can it produce a H.265 from that file, similar to what you do with HandBrake?

Jeff
babareto1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote babareto1, if you bring your H.264 into PD can it produce a H.265 from that file, similar to what you do with HandBrake?

Jeff

hi, i've done some tests, all done with and without hardware encoding:

• if i put an h265 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h265 video, casually it can cause problems but if not the video file produced is ok

• if i put an h264 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h265 video, seems to be ok (to be confirmed with more testing)

• if i put an h265 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h264 video, all is ok

With Handbrake no problems in every case.

To record my videos (both h264 and h265) I use AMD software released with GPU drivers, updated to latest version.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
hi, i've done some tests, all done with and without hardware encoding:

• if i put an h265 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h265 video, casually it can cause problems but if not the video file produced is ok

• if i put an h264 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h265 video, seems to be ok (to be confirmed with more testing)

• if i put an h265 video in Powerdirector and i want to produce an h264 video, all is ok

With Handbrake no problems in every case.

To record my videos (both h264 and h265) I use AMD software released with GPU drivers, updated to latest version.

I'd make sure "Hardware decoding" is not check in PD pref. My experience has been a fair number of issues with AMD decoding with PD and parallels some of your issues, additionally, I'd not use any hardware encoding features either. These comments based on PD's anomalies I experienced prior to the last perpetual release which CL added the note "Adds support for enabling AMD VCN2 hardware acceleration." I've got no experience since this release with compatible AMD GPU's nor have I seen any user posts. I'd be really surprised if it was well vetted though.

Jeff