Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newbie select one part of image only
David38 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2019 05:59 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Complete beginner to Photodirector. Can someone give me a step-by-step to do this? For a quiz, I want to show a series of photos with only the eyes showing. To start I have placed my first photo in Photodirector. I want to frame the eyes only, then remove all of rest of the picture so I only have the eyes. Then I want to save that eyes pic so I can export it to use in my quiz. I have no idea how to do this. Can someone help? Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 06. 2020 02:50

[Post New]
Hello David,

It depends whether you're wanting to select (a) only the eyes (i.e. the eyeballs) or (b) the area around the eyes as well.

If it's (a), you could use the background removal tool found under the Guided tab.

Select the eyes, then invert the selected area. After clicking Apply, use Save to to save as .png.

If it's (b), you can just use the Cropping tool under Regional Adjustment Tools. Resize the cropping box, click Done, then export your new image.

If I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, just say laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel