Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My DVD has three menus. How can I assign a different background image for each?
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
The DVD I'm creating has 9 chapters. Each menu has 3 chapters so I have 3 menus. I'm attempting to have different images on each of the three menus.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. It works just fine if I choose to have all the menus with the same template. I'm just not understanding how to create and then assigning a unique template to each of the menus separately.

Also, when I do make an error it changes the menu structure obviously. Is there a method to get back to the point I was before I pressed the button which made this change? So far I've been going back and just completely starting over. I expected to be able to use the undo button, but it is dimmed out.

Update----- I have figured out the solution and no longer need the help. I do not know how to show that this post has been solved.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 31. 2020 13:45

Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The DVD I'm creating has 9 chapters. Each menu has 3 chapters so I have 3 menus. I'm attempting to have different images on each of the three menus.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. It works just fine if I choose to have all the menus with the same template. I'm just not understanding how to create and then assigning a unique template to each of the menus separately.

You must create thee different menus with three different backgrounds. You can then apply only the selected chapter menu for each. Two different contributors have done it. Do a search to find the details on how to do it.

Quote Also, when I do make an error it changes the menu structure obviously. Is there a method to get back to the point I was before I pressed the button which made this change? So far I've been going back and just completely starting over. I expected to be able to use the undo button, but it is dimmed out

While you are on any menu page, there are the Undo and Redo arrow buttons at the top in Menu Designer that you can use. Not at my home pc with PD right now. The undo button is not active if you leave say the chapters menu and go to the root menu and back to the chapters menu. They are active only while you are in the current session on that particular menu page.