Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copied track problem
Beemer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: Dec 27, 2016 02:10 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
If I copy a track in one project and paste it into a new project the video and audio starts several seconds after the true beginning. I cannot return the slider to see the real beginning. This track plays fine in the original project.
Why does this happen?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2020 14:01

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I can't give you a reason for that behaviour but you could work around it by saving a copy of the original project under the name of the new one then editing out the bits you don't want.

I appreciate this may not be practicable if it's a complex project, though, so an alternative approach could be to produce the bit you want to copy to a file and then insert this on the new timeline. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Beemer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I can't give you a reason for that behaviour but you could work around it by saving a copy of the original project under the name of the new one then editing out the bits you don't want.

I appreciate this may not be practicable if it's a complex project, though, so an alternative approach could be to produce the bit you want to copy to a file and then insert this on the new timeline.

Mike,
Thanks for your reply. As a Power director newbie I wrote here instead of raising the issue to support. I'm beginning to think that there is a bug. Apart from the missing beginning of the clip there is another issue.
I copy the piece of the track I want to move to another project. When I paste it into the new project the whole length of the track is pasted not just the piece of the track I wanted.
I copied the piece I wanted by moving the yellow sliders to the piece I want and selected copy.
Ian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2020 03:16

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ian,

Instead of using the yellow sliders try highlighting the set of clips you want by either holding down the left mouse button and dragging the marquee over them or by left-clicking on the first clip and Shift/left-clicking on the last. Then select Copy from the main menu bar. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Beemer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ian,

Instead of using the yellow sliders try highlighting the set of clips you want by either holding down the left mouse button and dragging the marquee over them or by left-clicking on the first clip and Shift/left-clicking on the last. Then select Copy from the main menu bar.

Mike,
Okay I'll give that a try.
Ian
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Mike,
Okay I'll give that a try.
Ian

I think it would help to have a screen recording showing what you're trying to do and how PD is responding. I also can't tell what you mean by "track," as it seems to me that you're referring to a clip or clips placed on a track, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Also, you haven't mentioned which version of PD you're using, but if it's older than PD16, there won't be any patches forthcoming even if you've found a new bug. The best we can do is to try and come up with workarounds/alternate methods here, otherwise you might consider upgrading to PD18 or PD365.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°