Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Editing on a Tablet compared to a Phone
MikeDownes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2018 06:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

For the last three years, I've edited using an android phone, now moved to a 10 inch tablet - wonder if anyone else has observations. Especially with the creative thought process of making a video. I made this help video yesterday:PowerDirector App 63 Video Editing on a Tablet compared to a Phone.

Thanks,

Mike
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Mike, that is an excellent demonstration. Well done, easy to watch.
I just purchased the Android app, and it's actually my first update since it was introduced.
This is a very different animal, lots of functions, though I am held back from a few goodies due to my Snapdragon 429.
I'm using touch screen on my Galaxy Tab A 8" to get the hang of it, but soon will use a mouse and keyboard to see how it all goes.
All in all I like it, even running it on my ho-hum tablet. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MikeDownes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2018 06:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I sent feedback to cyberlink about the hidden timeline, got nothing back apart from a pointer to their help videos. Hopefully, a few of us are not the only ones seeing the edit menus hide most of the tracks. M

Quote Mike, that is an excellent demonstration. Well done, easy to watch.
I just purchased the Android app, and it's actually my first update since it was introduced.
This is a very different animal, lots of functions, though I am held back from a few goodies due to my Snapdragon 429.
I'm using touch screen on my Galaxy Tab A 8" to get the hang of it, but soon will use a mouse and keyboard to see how it all goes.
All in all I like it, even running it on my ho-hum tablet.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I get only one video timeline, again due nodoubt to the limited processing power.
One thing I notice is my function menu is cut off at the bottom.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 11:17

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I really like this app, but without my missing functions (chromakey, blending, video pip).
There may be other things, but I'm not blaming CL.
From what a see I can only use MP4 requires conversions for my Olympus, and MP3, the cutoff menu, max output for me is 720p, one video timeline, 2 photo pip, 2 audio tracks.
I can't seem to browse to files, they have to be in specific folders, still figuring that one out.
Using my tablet camera for PD video capture results in no file.
A nice thing would be Proxy files off/on in Preferences.
EDIT! Jeesh, I kinda took over your thread, sorry I just noticed.
Let me at least ask you, did you get full functioning program on the phone? I'm using v6.7.2

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 10:57

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

For the last three years, I've edited using an android phone, now moved to a 10 inch tablet - wonder if anyone else has observations. Especially with the creative thought process of making a video. I made this help video yesterday:PowerDirector App 63 Video Editing on a Tablet compared to a Phone.

Thanks,

Mike

Great video Mike. One thing I'll say is that editing on a tablet makes me look at editing with an entirely different lens. I think it forces me to think about how I will compose my edits.