Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions -Overlap or Cross both don't support a reasonable editing process
guyoren1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Timrat Israel Joined: Apr 21, 2011 07:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to PD. Just registered for the 365.

I ma use to ( premiere ) be able cut first with the right tempo and timing and then add or calibrate the transitions.

If I use Cross - I get a frize frame of the second clip during transition ( althogh the clip is trimed with enough tail or header in the original ).

If I use overlap - alll the timing work that was preformed is lost. This will also happen whenever I make a transition lenght adjasment.

Do I need to go back to premiere or is there something i am missing?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Every video program (including Premiere) requires extra video frames beyond the cut to create a transition. If they aren't there, the program adds freeze frames. How the various programs add these extra frames varies a bit from program to program.

In PowerDirector, you need to overlap one clip onto another to create this transitional segment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2020 21:36

guyoren1960 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Timrat Israel Joined: Apr 21, 2011 07:19 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Every video program (including Premiere) requires extra video frames beyond the cut to create a transition. If they aren't there, the program adds freeze frames. How the various programs add these extra frames varies a bit from program to program.

In PowerDirector, you need to overlap one clip onto another to create this transitional segment.

Thx Steven. Got it.

do you have any tip about how do i maintain clips timing when i reedit a transition. How do i do that without recoreecting the rest of the work.

Thx
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You can include the overlap when you assemble the video on your timeline.

Maybe someone has a better suggestion.