Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 Render issue
Gene Q [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2020 19:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. After adding my greenscreen video and back ground picture, then producing the video, the final product only shows the picture. No video. Am I missing a setting prior torendering?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2020 19:43

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This tutorial may help: https://youtu.be/EQ2zo9_x_24 .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Tomasc answered first, and if you still neeed help, please take a screenshot (Alt+PrintScreen) that clearly shows how your clips are laid out on your timeline, then save the image and attach it to your reply using the Attachments button below the forum text box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2020 22:22

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Gene Q [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Tomasc answered first, and if you still neeed help, please take a screenshot (Alt+PrintScreen) that clearly shows how your clips are laid out on your timeline, then save the image and attach it to your reply using the Attachments button below the forum text box.

When I preview it, it looks fine however, when I "produce" a file, both .wmv, and .mp4, all I get is the background picture.
[Thumb - Screenshot.png]
 Filename
Screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
661 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Everything looks fine, and there are only two things I can think of to try.

I think you're not running the final update for your particular version of PD. That big up arrow at the top right says there's an update ready, and you can click on it or manually check here. This is one reason why we ask all new posters to check the Read Me Before Posting guidelines.

If there actually isn't an update available - or if you download and install the update but the problem is still there, try producing without having the Fast video rendering technology: box checked.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Gene Q [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Everything looks fine, and there are only two things I can think of to try.

I think you're not running the final update for your particular version of PD. That big up arrow at the top right says there's an update ready, and you can click on it or manually check here. This is one reason why we ask all new posters to check the Read Me Before Posting guidelines.

If there actually isn't an update available - or if you download and install the update but the problem is still there, try producing without having the Fast video rendering technology: box checked.

I will give that a try when I get back. Thanks.
Gene Q [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Everything looks fine, and there are only two things I can think of to try.

Apparently that blue arrow wants me to upgrade not undate. I tried it with the fast video rendering button unchecked and it made no difference.
optodata
[Post New]
What you're describing doesn't make any sense unless somehow you've disabled the checkmark for the video on track 2, even though your screenshot shows it as checked. The same is true if you've set the opacity of the main clip to zero, but in each case, you'd see that the main clip isn't present in the preview.

What is the exact version of PD you're running? Please review the requested items in the Read Me Before Posting thread and attach a screenshot of the version screen, along with the results of the DxDiag test.

YouTube/optodata

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Apparently that blue arrow wants me to upgrade not undate. I tried it with the fast video rendering button unchecked and it made no difference.

Did you check in the "Update" tab not just the "Upgrade" tab after clicking the arrow?

I'd probably try a few of the basics and see if you get around the issue:
1) deactivate shadowfiles in pref, they have been known to cause similar issues in these prior versions
2) delete temporary files in pref
3) deactivate hardware decoding in pref
4) try to produce and see what you get

If still issues, any chance you can post these two clips and your pds file for someone to try in PD12 and see if isolated issue?

Jeff