Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Windows Dump Crash Blue Screen Protected OneDrive
RuiFigueiredo1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2013 15:12 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Just to share some thing that happened to me

I was making a video with 8 tracks and using video files connected with onedrive and was always gettting blue screen dumping windows.

Because I was aware my all clips original source were on OneDrive (backup purpose) I tried closing OneDrive and puff the windows dumps and protected errors and sequencial reboot were gone.

Destination of video production was not on OneDrive !!!

If you are using vast amount of files on OneDrive, close it when working under PD that way your windows won't crash.

Kind regards
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've edited many projects with the source files on OneDrive, but I always have the clips in OneDrive folders stored locally.

The problem might be occurring on your system if OneDrive is only storing placeholders locally and editing with PD requires OD to constantly access the cloud version. To change the settings, open File Explorer and right-click on the OneDrive folder where your clips are stored, then make sure this option is checked:

It may take a while for everything to get downloaded and the clips may take up a large amount of drive space, but having local copies should get rid of the crashes.

You can tell when the clips are ready for editing by the icon that shows up next to each OneDrive folder and file in File Explorer. Make sure you have the bottom icon showing:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
RuiFigueiredo1971 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2013 15:12 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
My OneDrive is an full lifetime account from a Master Degree I took, so i Guess it does not have all the full features,
the storage I know is at the university campus equipment not at Microsoft servers.
Ex: I can't share files with people outside my group.

Point taken in OneDrive you have 2 kinds of storage:
1) Hot storage files are on OneDrive and your HD
2) Cold Storage all files are on OneDrive and OneDrive only downloads file to your HD when files are requested, and deletes them from HD when they are not in use for some time

In my case I only use, Hot Storage which means all files on OD are also on HD

But for what it matters is that my Dell PC was always crashing in my project.

Closed OneDrive and voilá crashes ended.

Kind regards to all PD Guys

Be creative

Quote Thanks for sharing your experience. I've edited many projects with the source files on OneDrive, but I always have the clips in OneDrive folders stored locally.

The problem might be occurring on your system if OneDrive is only storing placeholders locally and editing with PD requires OD to constantly access the cloud version. To change the settings, open File Explorer and right-click on the OneDrive folder where your clips are stored, then make sure this option is checked:

It may take a while for everything to get downloaded and the clips may take up a large amount of drive space, but having local copies should get rid of the crashes.

You can tell when the clips are ready for editing by the icon that shows up next to each OneDrive folder and file in File Explorer. Make sure you have the bottom icon showing:

[Thumb - OD.jpg]
 Filename
OD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2020 07:38