Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director recognition of Color Director
FlyBlue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2020 12:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded Color Director 8. Power Director 17 is not recognozong it as Color Director fails to show up in Designer or anywhere else, right clicking clip and so forth.

How to I fix that?
Please let me know step 1. 2. 3. and so forth.

Thanks much folks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You must have video clips in the timeline first before you can access it from PowerDirector. Try this: highlight a video clip on the timeline. Click Fix/Enhance and you should see the ColorDirector option to click on it.
FlyBlue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2020 12:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You must have video clips in the timeline first before you can access it from PowerDirector. Try this: highlight a video clip on the timeline. Click Fix/Enhance and you should see the ColorDirector option to click on it.

YEP!

I had a clip in time line earlier and Color Director did not show up. I restarted computer and all is good. It is as you had stated after clicking "enhance"

Thanks much!

I have an instructional video (music) with livingroom furniture of various colors, shapes and sizes in the background. Is it a difficult task to eliminate the entire background and replace with black?

Thanks..
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an instructional video (music) with livingroom furniture of various colors, shapes and sizes in the background. Is it a difficult task to eliminate the entire background and replace with black?Thanks..

I would use the motion mask to create the green screen in which I would either produce or chroma key out in PowerDirector. Difficulty depends on the person, the video length, etc. Post on a New Topic if you have problems. If you have problems in creating the green screen then there is a fix for it. Don't get discouraged.