Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Produce 4k video error
mark1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2020 20:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Please help
I am really liking Powerediredtor with the exception of when i try to produce a "Ultra HD" video. I get the following error:
"PowerDirector Mobile cannot produce the video. PowerDirector Mobile encountered an error while decoding the video."
I have been working with tech support for days but not having any luck.
I am using the latest version 6.6.1. I am using a HP Chrombook 2in1 14" with an intel i3 processor with 8GB of ram.

The videos are off a gopro hero 5 black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same version of PD Mobile and I don't have problems producing to 4K UHD on my Galaxy S8 phone.

It's possible there's an issue with the specific clips you're trying to produce. Could you upload a short sample to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the link to it here so other people can test it? That will at least narrow down whether the issue is with the clip or your Chromebook.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mark1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have the same version of PD Mobile and I don't have problems producing to 4K UHD on my Galaxy S8 phone.

It's possible there's an issue with the specific clips you're trying to produce. Could you upload a short sample to Google Drive or OneDrive and paste the link to it here so other people can test it? That will at least narrow down whether the issue is with the clip or your Chromebook.

Thank you very much for the offer to help. Here is a link to a short file I tried tonight:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XJij9pzYjhbN5o9JpiHpLFmPKMS57qti

Thanks,

Mark
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the sample clip! I don't see anything unusual about how it's encoded, and I had no trouble producing it straight to the default 4K output.

On the import screen, I chose Use Original, rather than to create and use a lower resolution, HD copy for editing:

As you can see in the MediInfo details of the two clips, PD Mobile upscaled the original 2704x1520 resolution to 3840x2160:

I've uploaded both the project (+ settings) I used, along with the produced clip to this Google Drive folder. See what happens if you download the project and produce, and also try editing and producing the Project_03-17_4K clip instead of your original clip. Maybe that will tell us where the problem is.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mark1234 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I greatly appreciate all your help but I still get the same error using both of the files. It has to be something in my Chromebook or in the latest version of Powerdirector. It worked when I first installed it but then something happened. I even tried doing a powerwash and reinstall with no luck.

Thanks again for all your help.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please help
I am using the latest version 6.6.1. I am using a HP Chrombook 2in1 14" with an intel i3 processor with 8GB of ram.
Thanks,
Mark

Hello,

We just got confirmation from CyberLink that it is because your Chromebook does not meet the requirements to produce 4K video. This FAQ lists that an Intel Core i5 and above is required unfortunately

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19043

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2020 22:12