Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video sources looks the same in PD17, but one is flipped upon export
[Post New]
I have two video sources - they both read as H.264 AVC, but one is a mp4, and one is a .mov. The mp4 is footage from a buddy, and the mov is my Iphone footage. Oh, and there's also a .jpg logo that we use to open the video (it's a band video, of a live performance).

In PD17 everything looks fine, all sources oriented correctly. However, upon export, only the .mov is right side up, both the mp4 and the jpg are upside down. What gives? I did notice that one source is 30 fps and one 29.97 fps, but that shouldn't affect it right? They are both synced up fine using Sync by Audio function.

Halp! Do I need to export one of them as the same format as the other? I guess that's what I'll try next when I get a little time.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Uncheck all the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware acceleration. Preview to make sure that they are oriented the way you want. Produce with no hardware encoding.
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Uncheck all the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware acceleration. Preview to make sure that they are oriented the way you want. Produce with no hardware encoding.

Well that worked!! Marvelous! Thank you SO much..... awesome.
Michael in GP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2020 19:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Uncheck all the checkboxes in Preferences/Hardware acceleration. Preview to make sure that they are oriented the way you want. Produce with no hardware encoding.

Thank you SO MUCH for this information! I just had the same problem with a project in PD16. In my case, I had two iPhone clips and one JPG image, so similar to OP. Some clips turned upside down right in the middle of the clip and the JPG image was upside down. Anyway, after reading your response I turned off hardware acceleration (it's on the "Produce" screen in PD16, not in Preferences) and it fixed it. Also, it didn't seem to be any slower without hardware acceleration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2020 12:22