Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does a 365 subscription allow me to use the software on multiple computers, not at the same time?
Wilde1988 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2020 22:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone. I've spent the last two years rediscovering video for the first time since high school...and it has definitely come a long way. I was recentelty put in charge of video productions for my family company. All is going well, it's amazing what you can learn from YouTube and practice. I'm currently using a version of 17 on my desktop at the office. I bought that computer soley based on its ability to handle video editing. WIth my editing work load increasing lately because of work, I just purchased a shiny new lap top in order to be able to edit from home or the road. I browsed a little, and read the FAQ's before asking, but have read some "answered questions" on Amazon that indicate that it can be installed on multiple computers at the same time, just not utilized on both simontaniously (which I obviously take with a grain of salt.) TYIA!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2020 23:22

PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
I run it on 2 computers not at the same time. My main and my laptop with no problems

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2020 23:23

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The FAQs state the answer for the perpetual licensed version, which is that it can only installed on one PC.

If you stayed with that version, you'd need to buy another copy of PD17 to use on your shiny new machine. That's because projects created/saved in PD18 cannot be opened in PD17, so all your PCs must have the same version of PD if you're going to work on the same projects with them.

The subscription version (PD365) does allow installation on more than one computer, provided that you only use one at a time. That would be the best solution for your situation.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Wilde1988 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2020 22:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the quick responses!