Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CD + MultiCam Workflow
Manfreddy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2019 17:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have 3 cameras with drastically different brightness, colour and contrast outputs. The subject is a music performance, the average session lengths are about an hour, broken into 5-6 segments from each camera. MultiCam synchs them perfectly, but I would like to color correct each camera's output before assembling the video.

What is the recommended way of color correcting with CD - before, or after MultiCam designer?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to do color match on each video clip in powerdirector instead and produce them first before doing the multicam. You can thus skip the use of colordirector.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with tomasc, but if you find that you do need to use CD for any reason, you'll most definitely want to color grade/produce each clip before importing them into PD and using the multicam designer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Manfreddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may want to do color match on each video clip in powerdirector instead and produce them first before doing the multicam. You can thus skip the use of colordirector.

Thats what I figured. Thanks
Manfreddy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I agree with tomasc, but if you find that you do need to use CD for any reason, you'll most definitely want to color grade/produce each clip before importing them into PD and using the multicam designer.

It seems most of the functionality of CD is already in PD. Thanks.