Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2GoExpress.exe compared to Power2Go.exe
SweetTasha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 17:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Both Power2Go.exe and Power2GoExpress.exe are present in the CyberLink folder in Program Files(x86). The file descripton of Power2GoExpress.exe is "Burning Gadget." How do the capabilities of the two programs differ?

When I run Power2Go.exe, I close it using the X. If I try to run it again before I've closed it, it (understandably) says "CyberLink Power2Go is already running." However, if I try to run Power2GoExpress.exe, even if Power2Go isn't running, it says (not understandably) "CyberLink Power2Go is already running." In other words, it means I'll never be able to run Power2GoExpress.exe. Which matters if Power2GoExpress.exe has a capability that I'd like to use.

Finally, there's an small, rectangular object on the desktop, see attached.

The object never goes away, even after I restart Windows. If I click the left arrow, it changes the heading to "Audio CD" and then if i hover over the object, it says "drag audio files here to make an audio CD". Is this, perhaps, the "burning gadget?"

Thanks.
[Thumb - cyberlink ever-present item on the desktop.PNG]
 Filename
cyberlink ever-present item on the desktop.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
you got it, the small rectangular object on desktop is "burning gadget"
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
btw, the 2 programs have similar function, which Power2Go.exe has more powerful function like convert audio to mobile phone or file, or virtual drive..etc. the "burning gadget" let you focus on burning discs and just 2go.