Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
clips turn black in timeline
photoshop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2009 12:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

When I put all of my imported clips in the timeline, some of the clips are black and have no sound. However; in the timeline the clips are looking okee, complete with thumbnails in begin and end.
Anybody an idea why this can happen? (with pwd7 it also happenend but then it showed as a black clip. Cause was a full mediacache.)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I understand you can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ireland Joined: Jun 01, 2009 15:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
The only thing I can think of is codec related - do the files play normally outside of PD?

Sorry if no help!
photoshop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2009 12:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
We use the Panasonic HG70, AVCHD codec. No problems in Premiere or Vegas. Included a photo of the problem.
 Filename
black 002 kln.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
black clip in timeline
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)