Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 - Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app - uploading vid
Brobox [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2020 01:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
New gmail account created
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 18 to upload to youtube fine with my other account. But with this new one I'm getting YouTube authorization issue

error
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not been verified yet by google in order to use Google Sign In

Anyone know the solution?
[Thumb - googlesucks.JPG]
 Filename
googlesucks.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
24 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
CyberLink are aware of the issue and are working with Google to identify and solve the problem.

In the meantime, users are advised to produce their video to their local drive and use the standard web upload interface to upload their video.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Brobox [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
CyberLink are aware of the issue and are working with Google to identify and solve the problem.

In the meantime, users are advised to produce their video to their local drive and use the standard web upload interface to upload their video.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Please FIX this ASAP I now cant upload to youtube in PowerDirector with BOTH accounts XD Google & Cyberlink not cool! Don't tell me I'm going to have to use different video editing software in future. standard web upload interface is shit. Sort it out fast and email me once done. I missing opportunity to upload certain content on events currenty occuring.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Brobox,
uploading a video in YouTube creator academy is fairly easy and you have a bit more control on the meta data and settings of the video on the platform. I use it over the PD upload function also because I want to have the local copy in my preferred format at hand...
jarhead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2020 22:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same problem for me been using my android device since ive been uploading no problem go pro 8 cannot use it buy this today get video up and cannot upload because of this please fix this
dfault22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2017 19:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with PowerDirector 17. Was OK up until Thursday morning. Been an issue ever since. It's barely a month since the script issue was finally sorted.
Carl3PDX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 14:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I have been producing and uploading to YouTube for almost five years, so I have no clue as to how to go about using the standard upload interface. Any advice for this old internet challenger would help immensely.
dfault22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2017 19:03 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi.

Is there any update on this?

Thanks.
DeLaguna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 29, 2013 00:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like this problem has popped up again WHAT A PAIN.

Http://youtube.com/DeLaguna-BnB

I will let everyone know when its working for me/resolution with customer service.
[Thumb - Screenshot (53).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (53).png
[Disk]
 Description
Google Sucks
 Filesize
213 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
sckakametx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2020 18:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I am set to renew on the 20th.. so if this isn't fixed I will just have to move to another format.
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I am set to renew on the 20th.. so if this isn't fixed I will just have to move to another format.

Hello,

As we stated above, CyberLink is working with Google to sort it out and it shouldn't be much longer.

In the meantime, there is a really easy work around that offers even more settings than offered within PowerDirector:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Just produce your video first as a file in the H.264 AVC format, with an MP4 container.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 17. 2020 20:59

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Chris Borowicz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2020 15:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I have been producing and uploading to YouTube for almost five years, so I have no clue as to how to go about using the standard upload interface. Any advice for this old internet challenger would help immensely.

Produce in 2D then save the file. Go to Youtube click upload and choose the file.
oioihardy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2020 12:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
How much longer do we have to wait?!?! I run a youtube channel with this editor. I NEED this running soon ! If not I'm gonna move to adobe soon!!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 21. 2020 14:48

Brobox [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's been 2 weeks Cyberlink. Sort your shit out already I'm losing my patience. Looks like I'm going to have to learn Adobe Premiere Pro yell
[Post New]
Quote It's been 2 weeks Cyberlink. Sort your shit out already I'm losing my patience. Looks like I'm going to have to learn Adobe Premiere Pro yell

Hi,
All of us understand a degree of frustration, but ranting at Cyberlink won’t help, as they don’t directly monitor the forum, which is a user to user forum, hosted courtesy of CL.

So, being a tad aggressive won’t impress anyone and certainly doesn’t directly assist with solving the issue. As has been recommended, the use of the standard Youtube upload interface ensures users can upload videos through that path and no user should be disadvantaged too much whilst the issue is sorted.

As it happens, my latest informal info, as of today, is that CL have submitted the necessary info/modifications required by Google/YouTube and CL now awaits (as all affected users do) for whatever Google does next.

PowerDirector Moderator
William976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2016 01:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
All of us understand a degree of frustration, but ranting at Cyberlink won’t help, as they don’t directly monitor the forum, which is a user to user forum, hosted courtesy of CL.

So, being a tad aggressive won’t impress anyone and certainly doesn’t directly assist with solving the issue. As has been recommended, the use of the standard Youtube upload interface ensures users can upload videos through that path and no user should be disadvantaged too much whilst the issue is sorted.

As it happens, my latest informal info, as of today, is that CL have submitted the necessary info/modifications required by Google/YouTube and CL now awaits (as all affected users do) for whatever Google does next.

PowerDirector Moderator

Please be aware that this glitch also blocks us from uploading our projects to DirectorZone, where we can share our timeline to pass on tips and tricks to our fellow users. If you can't get the cooperation you need from Google to fix the upload to YouTube, no big deal. We have a workaround, but your tech staff ought to at least be able to make it possible to upload a PD project to DirectorZone without that process being linked to the YouTube upload. Has anybody even thought of this?
Mark Modz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2020 13:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting extremely frustrated with this now. It takes nearly 4 hours to upload an hour video if you do the alternative was. I'm currently uploading a 10min video and that is taking a hour. Then the other day a cyberlink message popped up on how to create a youtube channel just to rub it in even more. Come on cyberlink its been over two weeks now and if it goes on any longer I want my money back for my subscription thats remaining.
Plus if it does get fixed I beleve we should get some compensation as we are not able to use the programme as agreed on sign up.
Please get this fixed as we are all getting frustrated now
[Post New]
Guys,

Sorry to be repetitive, but this is a user to user forum and CL does NOT directly monitor the forum. Please read the ReadMe here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page

Please also be aware that we as Mods do NOT have a direct input, pathway or channel to the main CL Customer Service or Technical Support functions. We do have some contact to make CL aware of some issues that are reported on the forum, if that is deemed necessary, appropriate etc. Nor are we in any way directly responsible for managing, influencing or monitoring Customer and Technical support staff.

CL are aware of the issue - as reported here :
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81461.page#post_box_335203,
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81461.page#post_box_335512
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81461.page#post_box_335614

So, with respect, it is a waste of your time to keep venting about something that no user can do anything about. The forum is not a social media platform, it is for volunteer users to ask for or offer help. No user has an obligation to support another, and no user should automatically expect their issue to be answered.

The forum works best when these principles are adopted. A topic that becomes just a list of vents and rants, which serve no useful purpose, is wasteful and we act to discourage it. An occasional rant is understandable, perhaps as part of a request for help with an issue, and is accepted by most forum users but a litany of vents and rants about issues beyond the control of users is pointless from a general user perspective.

Hopefully the issue will be resolved as soon as possible and you can all resume your favoured method of upload and sharing, but please, until then, refrain from further rants.

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please be aware that this glitch also blocks us from uploading our projects to DirectorZone, where we can share our timeline to pass on tips and tricks to our fellow users.

I'm pretty sure that whatever problem you're having with trying to upload to DZ is completely unrelated to the YT issue. I just uploaded this title without any problems.

You may want to search the forum for more info on difficulty uploading to DZ. There are many threads and various solutions on here already.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am getting extremely frustrated with this now. It takes nearly 4 hours to upload an hour video if you do the alternative was. I'm currently uploading a 10min video and that is taking a hour.

There's no way around the long(-ish) upload times for HD/UHD video other than to get a faster internet connection speed. Whether you have PD produce and upload to YT automatically or produce it and manually upload it later, the upload time for the same quality produced video would be the same.

If the automated method was able to upload to YT while it was being produced (essentially streaming the clip), then that would save time as compared to separately producing & then uploading; but I haven't tried that in many years and don't know if that's what actually happens or not.

You haven't provided any details, so it's possible that the profile you're manually producing to is different than the profile you typically used with the automatic way, and if that results in a much larger produced file size then it would certainly take longer to upload.