Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
mark in and out hotkeys
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
If you setup your hotkeys, buttons [ and ] are set to be the hotkey buttons you would use to mark in and mark out (presumably in the source window just as I and O are in other editors). You can mark in and out points in your video by clicking the respective buttons with the mouse. However, [ and ] sure do not accomplish the same task.

Either they do not work or I am misunderstanding what they are used for.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you setup your hotkeys, buttons [ and ] are set to be the hotkey buttons you would use to mark in and mark out (presumably in the source window just as I and O are in other editors). You can mark in and out points in your video by clicking the respective buttons with the mouse. However, [ and ] sure do not accomplish the same task.

Either they do not work or I am misunderstanding what they are used for.

Mine appear to work fine. "Ctrl Alt t" to open trim window and then the "Multi Trim" tab on top to mark multiple points. Use [, ], and space bar (or any other scrubber movement method) to play and mark in and out points.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD18_markin.png]
 Filename
PD18_markin.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
667 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
curtain [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff.

I misunderstood where this feature was used. I was trying to use it inside of the Library Preview Window.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The 365-subscription version has some limited Library Preview Window trimming but I don't believe it supports Multi Trim. Maybe one of the subscription users will comment, I have perpetual which is entirely void of this Library Preview Window trimming feature.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD365 has the Precut feature in the Media Library, and it functions just like the Trim tool for timeline content:

To use it, right-click on the library clip and choose Precut... You can then use Jeff's instructions. Note that "," and "." move the scrubber one frame backward and forward, respectively, and "[" and "]" mark the start and end points of each precut. The spacebar starts and stops the playback.

When you're finished, click OK to save the precuts and you'll see them displayed as sub-clips from the original, like this:

Click on the large up arrow to see the main library view, and click on the little folder icon in the lower right corner on the original clip to see the precuts again:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
curtain [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for pointing that out optodata. I didn't even know that option was there. I use the library preview window and of course have it open 100% of the time which shrinks the screen space I have for the timeline preview window. I think now I can keep it closed and free up some real estate.

I also noticed the "find in timeline" option which is useful. I really wish they had an option for timeline previews where you could click on clips and find in library. That would also be very useful but the fact that you can delete media from the library that are in the timeline makes this option something that wouldn't work properly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2020 22:10

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can suggest that under the File menu by clicking on Rate Us & Provide Suggestions. They could add the feature as you've described it, and simply show a pop-up stating that the clip isn't in the library when that's the case.

They only recently removed the all-but-useless Find in Library Folder "feature" which could only be accessed by right-clicking on the clip in the Library! undecided Image below is PD14, but I think it was still present up to PD17...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2020 22:46

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°