Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do i add a background image in power2go
cjacs3579 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2019 10:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
How do i add a background image in power2go?

I ahve seen a post which says click on the globe? I have looked everywhere for this 'globe' but cannot find it

I am on version platinum 13.0.0718

Thanks
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
What type of disc are you trying to burn? Knowing would go a long way to helping us help you.

Dave
cjacs3579 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2019 10:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Dvd
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
If you are meaning the background image for a disc menu, you can't edit disc menus in Power2Go. You need PowerDirector to do that. The only background image that can be updated in Power2Go is for photo gallery discs I believe.

If you shared the post you are referring to, that would also be helpful.

Dave
Michael Stehly 1938 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2015 13:02 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot find the Globe either.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I ahve seen a post which says click on the globe? I have looked everywhere for this 'globe' but cannot find it

I am on version platinum 13.0.0718

I cannot find a globe either. Interesting that this FAQ state the globe is there in version 4, sold nine years ago: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=1531 . One probably need to install an earlier version to see a globe.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You may not be able to: The help menu says this: " CyberLink Power2Go lets you edit some of the disc menu’s properties. (emphasis mine).

It goes on to talk about editing text, music, adding a filrst play video, etc.. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Got it now. cjacs3579 must have found a post about the HighMat CD and DVD format introduced by Panasonic in the year 2002 and supported the following year in Windows XP media player 9. See this article: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/micrsoft-and-panasonic-to-support-highmat/ . That is the background image support in P2Go4 with the globe if you do the research in the Cyberlink FAQ and User Guide for P2Go4. It does not seem to be supported in the later versions of P2Go or in Windows 10 to my knowledge.