Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Features you would like to see in future versions
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I am aware this thread may not get seen by Cyberlink but I am curious as to what features others would like to added/fixed in future versions. Most my main requests are features seen in other editors which would be relatively easy to add to PowerDirector.

1) Render (Produce) queue - I produce several sizes of each video and it would be nice if I could just queue all the jobs rather than babysitting the "Produce" module.
2) Detailed wav graphs - the current ones on the time line are very low resolution and lack so much detail. Makes it very hard to sync up pictures with the sound track.
3) Better organization of time line - I am not a fan of the way the time line organization works. You can not get rid of track 1, 2, FX, music and voice track to make it look cleaner. You can name the tracks but no one does that because the title is to the right of the icons and it takes up too much real estate. The name should be under the icons to make this feature useable. Also, I'd love to
see the option to color each track.
4) Titler Pro does not work with AMD RX series video cards (and possibly others). You get this green strobe effect. The software works fine on Intel and NVIDIA GPUs.
5) Backwards/rewind scrubbing - the common J K L implementation that other editors have. Makes navigating the time line much faster.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
I'd love to see a default ripple setting for the timeline so that every time you insert or delete a clip you don't have to choose how the timeline ripples.

It would be nice to be able to just turn on auto ripple and leave it on until you want to turn it off.

I know there are keyboard combinations for this, but in most cases I'd love to be able to quickly assemble my movie without having to make a decisions every time I add a clip.
7Seven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2018 21:46 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
UHD Disc creation.

Who ever is the first to include that in there editor or even
stand alone app will own the USA market.

My thoughts are that if there is never a home UHD Disc creation possibility
there will never be much reason for consumers to accept and buy 8K cameras or TV's.

So maybe we are stuck at 4K? As there is really not the full use capability yet of even 4K.
My 4K tv still only gets the 1080P cabel TV or Broadcast TV. I only get 4K from my USB thumb drive.
I wish the rest of my Family could see what I have done in 4K instead of 2K Bluray.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 1) Render (Produce) queue - I produce several sizes of each video and it would be nice if I could just queue all the jobs rather than babysitting the "Produce" module.
Any reason the "Batch Produce..." feature does not work for that?

Quote Who ever is the first to include that in there editor or even stand alone app will own the USA market.
Been out for nearly 2yrs, 3rd party product but mentioned in the forums previously, do a search. Editing done in PD, final conversion (Nvidia 10 series or better a massive time bonus) and UHD burn done in 3rd party.

Jeff
7Seven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2018 21:46 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]

Been out for nearly 2yrs, 3rd party product but mentioned in the forums previously, do a search. Editing done in PD, final conversion (Nvidia 10 series or better a massive time bonus) and UHD burn done in 3rd party.

Jeff

I know the product. I will not go into detail hear on why I will not buy that product.

I would just like to see a well known American company make a stand alone program or to include
in there Video editor a way to make a consumer level UHD Disc.

I donot want to buy something outside of this USA I live in.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I know the product. I will not go into detail hear on why I will not buy that product.

I would just like to see a well known American company make a stand alone program or to include
in there Video editor a way to make a consumer level UHD Disc.

I donot want to buy something outside of this USA I live in.

That's fine, many would like it added in PD too, so it would be a welcomed addition as suggested, I just thought if you didn't know and wanted an immediate solution to share your works to your family.

CL, a Tawain Company with payments processed by asknet, a German Company.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2020 09:56

D285 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2018 13:33 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
3) Better organization of time line - I am not a fan of the way the time line organization works. You can not get rid of track 1, 2, FX, music and voice track to make it look cleaner. You can name the tracks but no one does that because the title is to the right of the icons and it takes up too much real estate. The name should be under the icons to make this feature useable. Also, I'd love to
see the option to color each track.
4) Titler Pro does not work with AMD RX series video cards (and possibly others). You get this green strobe effect. The software works fine on Intel and NVIDIA GPUs.

Nr.3 Yes - same for me.
Normaly I don't need the FX Track , the Audio-Comment Track., .....

Nr.4 Please implement a new Version - Titler Pro 1.5 is more than outdated
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff

Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't know that option existed. It should be displayed on screen.

I tried it out and I can suggest a few improvements.
1) You can only produce full movies. If you want to make several partial clips of a video, you are out of luck.
2) The render with or without GPU seems to be a global setting for the whole batch. Many times I render both a GPU and CPU version.
3) You can not expand the size of the window. It is not tiny but the option would be nice.

With this said, this batch feature is great if you want to produce the movie in several different formats/sizes but features like range/section production and the GPU/CPU options would also be nice. I think an "add to produce queue" option on the produce page would be an easy way to solve this
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
1) You can only produce full movies. If you want to make several partial clips of a video, you are out of luck.

You CAN produce sections of the timeline. Watch this: <a>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsawtU9IyQ</a>

A good tutorial on sections. What you might be looking for is at about 3:15

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2020 07:46

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You CAN produce sections of the timeline. Watch this: <a>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsawtU9IyQ</a>

A good tutorial on sections. What you might be looking for is at about 3:15

Warry, curtain was only referring to this limitation in the "Batch Produce..." feature now that they found it exists. What curtain would like in the future is just a generic "Produce" queue that one can fill with any form of produce requests from any projects all with unique options and have the machine work unattended producing the queue.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Produce/render to lossless AVI.
Integration with VirtualDub and Avidemux. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

Warry, curtain was only referring to this limitation in the "Batch Produce..." feature now that they found it exists. What curtain would like in the future is just a generic "Produce" queue that one can fill with any form of produce requests from any projects all with unique options and have the machine work unattended producing the queue.

Jeff

I see. Thanks.
davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Although I can produce .mov videos with a transparent background in VSDC video editor which can be inported into powerdirector 18. I would Love to be able to export .mov files with apha background with powerdirector instead of using VSDC. No apple codec needed and works fine in windows 10.