Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enable Manual Face Tag Editing not working
Jamie123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2019 23:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded my hard drive and reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10.
I then reinstlled Photodirector 365.

I cannot "Enable Manual Face Tag Editing" the item is greyed out.

Cyberlink PhotoDirector 365
Version: 11.1.2418.0 (64-bit)
Version Type: 365
SR number: PTD191021-01

I have attached the DxDiag.txt file and a screen shot jpg.
[Thumb - Enable Manual Face Tag Editing.jpg]
 Filename
Enable Manual Face Tag Editing.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Enable Manual Face Editing
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag File
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
588 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2020 21:52

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I think this may require a team effort.

I also have 365 v11.1.2418.0, but the Software Release (SR) number is different than yours, and I'm able to use the face tagging feature:

I don't see an update available in the App Manager, so I'm not sure why the release versions are different. Maybe the SR is different for apps in different geographic licensing areas (mine is for the US), or maybe they're different depending on whether you have just a subsciption for PhD or for the full DirectorSuite (which I have).

Other than that difference, I don't see any clear reason why face tagging isn't available on your system. In the Help pages, there's a mention of Face AI only being available on certain PhD versions, but the comparison page shows that all versions/levels of PhD11 have it (in the US).

Hopefully PIX and other members can chime in and add to the collective knowledge here.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Hello Jamie,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

For now, all I'm able to do is echo what optodata has posted. My 365 version of PhD is part of Director Suite, and the SR number is PTD190918-02 (so it's not geographical because I'm in Australia). My manual face tagging is available & works as expected.

I'll do some further digging later to see if I can find a possible cause for the greyed-out "Enable...".

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2020 00:12

PIX YouTube channel
Jamie123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jamie,

For now, all I'm able to do is echo what optodata has posted. My 365 version of PhD is part of Director Suite, and the SR number is PTD190918-02 (so it's not geographical because I'm in Australia). My manual face tagging is available & works as expected.

I'll do some further digging later to see if I can find a possible cause for the greyed-out "Enable...".

PIX

I appreciate you looking into this. It worked fine on my old drive. It appears that something went wrong when I installed it on the new drive. Last night I unistalled PhotoDirector then re-installed it again bur got the same problem. My only other option may be to start over again with a fresh install of windows and PhotoDirector. But I will wait a few days to see if you can find a solution first.

Thanks again.
Jamie123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Jamie,

PIX

A friend came over and resolved the issue. It was a file that was not loading.

Thanks again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad to hear that your friend got things working.

I wonder if you could post some additional info on the specific file, and/or what was done to make sure it loaded. It would be great to have that info posted here in case anyone else runs into this issue down the road.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Tadly [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2019 16:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm glad to hear that your friend got things working.

I wonder if you could post some additional info on the specific file, and/or what was done to make sure it loaded. It would be great to have that info posted here in case anyone else runs into this issue down the road.

I've run into the same problem with manual face tagging not enabled. Please advise on how that you resolved this
RJAYH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2010 16:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the exact same thing happening to me. Manual face tagging is greyed out. Can anyone advise how to reset it please
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I have the exact same thing happening to me. Manual face tagging is greyed out. Can anyone advise how to reset it please

None of the contributing members in this thread had the problem on their systems and OP hasn't posted back with what the "missing file" was, so I'm afraid your best bet would be to contact Cyberlink tech support for assistance. You can submit a request here.

YouTube/optodata

RJAYH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2010 16:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

None of the contributing members in this thread had the problem on their systems and OP hasn't posted back with what the "missing file" was, so I'm afraid your best bet would be to contact Cyberlink tech support for assistance. You can submit a request here.

Hi

I contacted support, a couple of times in fact. They advised me of the following:

"The manual face tag option is NOT available when you selected "Show multiple" view mode to browse photos in PhotoDirector even though there is one/single photo only got selected and previewed in the preview canvas. We advise you to select the view mode as "Show one" to browse face photos, and then check the manual face tagging condition."

When in the Photo Viewer and Browser mode, which has the filmstrip along the bottom, 'Show One' is the icon at the bottom left. When I am in 'Show One', manual face tagging is available, when in 'Show Multiple' it is not.

That works for me. Hopefully it might help someone else too.
Barbara Maskell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2022 15:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

Hi

I contacted support, a couple of times in fact. They advised me of the following:

"The manual face tag option is NOT available when you selected "Show multiple" view mode to browse photos in PhotoDirector even though there is one/single photo only got selected and previewed in the preview canvas. We advise you to select the view mode as "Show one" to browse face photos, and then check the manual face tagging condition."

When in the Photo Viewer and Browser mode, which has the filmstrip along the bottom, 'Show One' is the icon at the bottom left. When I am in 'Show One', manual face tagging is available, when in 'Show Multiple' it is not.

That works for me. Hopefully it might help someone else too.

Thank you so much for your answer above. It has certainly helped me. I can't believe that after two years nothing has changed and this is still an issue.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you so much for your answer above. It has certainly helped me. I can't believe that after two years nothing has changed and this is still an issue.

I'm not sure that CL sees this as a bug as it appears to be how the app is designed to work.

If you'd like them to consider making manual face tags allowed when Show Multiple is selected, you can tell them from Help | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.
Barbara Maskell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2022 15:18 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

I'm not sure that CL sees this as a bug as it appears to be how the app is designed to work.

If you'd like them to consider making manual face tags allowed when Show Multiple is selected, you can tell them from Help | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Now that I have finally gotten through and manually tagged what was not picked up in auto tagging, I am unable to find my way back from a single photo. I have tried the SHOW MULTIPLE button several times but nothing changes. Also the top toolbar has disappeared. How do I get these back? I am afraid I am going to lose my changes after hours of work. With the top toolbar gone I am unable to even exit so it will BACKUP.
optodata
[Post New]
It's hard to know what your screen looks like, so try clicking on Adjustment and then go back to Library and see if that restores the missing toolbar.

If you can't do that, please take a screenshot, save it as a JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share it here.