Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can i transfer license from one machine to another on 365?
MojoTojo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2016 02:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I work on my Desktop most of the time, but sometimes i go on the road and take my laptop with me. I'd like to be able to use my purchased software wherever i go on whatever machine i want to use it on, through activating and deactivating, etc (something that lots of software allows you to do nowadays)

I wanted to confirm if this was possible on 365 before i take the plunge.

Thanks!
JeanBernard
Newbie Location: Belgique Joined: Sep 01, 2012 04:01 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hello I work with 365 on two machines without problems and I must not deactivate one to work on the other
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Maximum of two installation on two different pc allowed as stated by JeanBernard. After that you have to buy another license for installation on the next pc.
MojoTojo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maximum of two installation on two different pc allowed as stated by JeanBernard. After that you have to buy another license for installation on the next pc.

OK so it's max 2 pcs running the license at same time , right? that's cool
but if i activate 1 license then it's good for another different machine right?

reason im asking is , well, i forgot to mention, i also have a powerful desktop at my office and while it's not important since i dont use that PC much (im always using my home setup) , i'd like to be able to work on there too when i want to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2020 07:56

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OK so it's max 2 pcs running the license at same time , right? that's cool
but if i activate 1 license then it's good for another different machine right?

Just to clarify, the subscription license allows you install the products on more than one machine, but you're only allowed to use the products on one PC at a time. In other words, simultaneous usage will require an additional license.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
MojoTojo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Just to clarify, the subscription license allows you install the products on more than one machine, but you're only allowed to use the products on one PC at a time. In other words, simultaneous usage will require an additional license.

Awesome , that's all i need .. i wont be working on two machines at the same time anyway haha
thanks mate