Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I cannot import transitions in my PD16
MrWolvezz077 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2020 01:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So i am having a problem where i am not able to import the downloaded transtions from DirectorZone to my PD16 . If i download any other thing like a PiP object , it extracts easily but when i download transition and double click them nothing happens . My mouse buffers for 2 sec and nothing is there . I extracted a PiP object and it said that it extracted sucessfully but for transtitions nothing happens . Here is a video i am leaving . Please help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 03:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Since you're able to extract other kinds of DZ objects, it appears that Effect Extractor is doing its job when you try to install them. Your video also shows that the Effect Extractor icon is used for the .dztr file you've downloaded, however, it doesn't appear when you right-click on the icon and hover the cursor over the Open With option:

On my Win10 system with 3 versions of PD installed, none of them appear in the Open With option; only Effect Extractor. I also don't have anything called "Direct Zone Menu"

If you have the original PD16 installer, I would uninstall and reinstall PD16 and see if that clears up the issue. If you don't have the installer file, you'll need to contact CL customer service and have them send you a new copy.

There are other threads on the forum describing issues with Effect Extractor, and reviewing them may possibly help you if reinstalling doesn't resolve the issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 17:08

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So i am having a problem where i am not able to import the downloaded transtions from DirectorZone to my PD16 . If i download any other thing like a PiP object , it extracts easily but when i download transition and double click them nothing happens . My mouse buffers for 2 sec and nothing is there . I extracted a PiP object and it said that it extracted sucessfully but for transtitions nothing happens . Here is a video i am leaving . Please help

Hi,
I'm unsure as to what has happened, but the file TRA4195 does appear as a Transition, and it does download and install on my system correctly.

However, your screen cap shows the incorrect icon for a transition, the icon shown is for a DVD Menu, at least when downloaded and installed on my system.

So I wonder how that icon change has come about and how has that affected your file associations and is this the root of the issue?

If you can display your file type as well as your file name, it might shed some light on exactly what may be happening?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - DZ Download icons.PNG]
 Filename
DZ Download icons.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2020 16:08

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote However, your screen cap shows the incorrect icon for a transition, the icon shown is for a DVD Menu, at least when downloaded and installed on my system...

So I wonder how that icon change has come about and how has that affected your file associations and is this the root of the issue?

I'm sure that's the issue. I didn't look closely at the icons, but thanks to your "icon reference chart" it's clear that the file association for transitions is incorrect on OP's system. Reinstalling PD16 should fix that, as would manually changing Win7's file association for .dztr files to Effect Extractor
MrWolvezz077 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2020 01:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
I'm unsure as to what has happened, but the file TRA4195 does appear as a Transition, and it does download and install on my system correctly.

However, your screen cap shows the incorrect icon for a transition, the icon shown is for a DVD Menu, at least when downloaded and installed on my system.

If you can display your file type as well as your file name, it might shed some light on exactly what may be happening?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

File name - TRA4195
Type of file - DZTR File (.dztr)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

File name - TRA4195
Type of file - DZTR File (.dztr)

Hi,
As Optodata says, ensure that the .dztr file association defaults to EffectExtractor.exe.

On my system the file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files if you need to manually browse for it.

I would expect that to cure the issue, if not then we need to do some more troubleshooting!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator