Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframe Line Scale - How to extend a line over time?
sriversage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2020 07:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I'm very new to Cyberlink Director. I am trying to keyframe a line so that it lengthens over time. However, using the shape creator, if I pick a line rather than a 2 dimensional shape such as a square, the scale section of the object properties is greyed out. I can still adjust the length directly on shape in the video but there is no option to actually keyframe those changes.

Any help is much appreciated.

Version:18.0.2030.0
SR: DRS190730-02
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Can you be a bit more descriptive about the effect you're trying to create?

Are you trying to create, say, a line that moves across a map?

sriversage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2020 07:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can you be a bit more descriptive about the effect you're trying to create?

Are you trying to create, say, a line that moves across a map?

Yeah a similar thing but on a video rather than a still graphic.

I guess I could edit two videos with the start and end point of how I want the shape, export them, import them and then use this method, but that seems like quite some effort. I was hoping to be able to keyframe the shape itself.

Is it clear what I mean?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi sriversage -

Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're trying to do, but if you want simple straight lines expanding like these...

... you can easily do that using keyframed colour boards. In the video description there are download links from DirectorZone. They're set to 10 secs, so it's best to set that in preferences before inserting or you'll need to do some keyframe reworking.

If you want more complex lines, Steven's suggestion is best.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!