Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving projects outside of the App
[Post New]
Hi,

I have installed the IOS app and was wondering if it is possible to save the project file outside of the app (OneDrive or other)? If so can the project files be opened in PD365 because I generally use my iPad for initial editing, pulling together the video and then finishing in the main desktop application on a Windows PC.

thanks

Chris
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can't answer the part about saving outside the app, but I can say that unless Cyberlink has stated somewhere that the iOS app's project files are 100% compatible with PD, there's likely no way to use them other than within the mobile app.

As far as I'm aware, projects made by the mobile apps are completely incompatible with PowerDirector.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have installed the IOS app and was wondering if it is possible to save the project file outside of the app (OneDrive or other)? If so can the project files be opened in PD365 because I generally use my iPad for initial editing, pulling together the video and then finishing in the main desktop application on a Windows PC.

thanks

Chris

Currently the iOS version does not support uploading project pack to PC version for further editing, only available on Android version.

Not all the editings from app are supported in PC version, but something basic like timeline order, trimming, etc. will be there.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

thanks

Chris

Hello,

We can confirm that saving to a cloud drive (Google Drive or CyberLink Cloud) is not available for the iOS version yet, but will be added later this year.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2020 02:08