Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Q: Video Overlay (motion) and adding text
Mysterious-Fig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2020 10:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning!

I'm thinking about picking up this product to edit my sons sports video.

I was looking at the Video Overlay (Versus 3) and wondering if it was possible to add text right to the overlay so as it expands, it shows the text.

I've done some searching but haven't come across anything that answers it clearly...

Thanks,

Fig
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good morning!

I'm thinking about picking up this product to edit my sons sports video.

I was looking at the Video Overlay (Versus 3) and wondering if it was possible to add text right to the overlay so as it expands, it shows the text.

I've done some searching but haven't come across anything that answers it clearly...

Thanks,

Fig

Hi,
I only have Versus 1 and 2 to play with but at first glance there is no way to add text directly to the overlay in PiP designer. This would leave a more complex solution involving other methods and some trial and error which, I presume, is not what you had in mind.

You might find similar effects available on the DirectorZone, for instance here:
https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/126383895

This uses the title designer to add expanding text.

Other members may have more ideas on how to achieve what you are aiming at?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2020 07:48

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Fig -

Just as PDM posted, there's no way to add text directly to that Versus 3 Video Overlay.

You need to add the text in a higher numbered track so it sits on top of the animation.

Here's a little title template I just made that (reasonably) matches the animation of Versus 3 (shown above).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!