Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 365 background music question
Stevehu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 23:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Everytime I try to click on the background music tab from the pulldown menu I get a pop up saying I am not connected to the internet. I obviously am because i am using the same computer to post this. I have tried to reinstall but still the same thing. never had an issue untill I recently updated to the latest PD.

Any help would be great

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2020 13:31

steve messruther [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2014 15:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Everytime I try to click on the background music tab from the pulldown menu I get a pop up saying I am not connected to the internet. I obviously am because i am using the same computer to post this. I have tried to reinstall but still the same thing. never had an issue untill I recently updated to the latest PD.

Any help would be great

I have the same problem that has just started either today or in last few days. Have installed all the sound clips and background music that came with 365 - they have been on my machine for at least 6 months and now they are all gone. Same as you - says I am not connected to internet - which is wrong as I also have reinstalled 365. This needs sorting of Cyberlink !
Stevehu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2011 23:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I have the same problem that has just started either today or in last few days. Have installed all the sound clips and background music that came with 365 - they have been on my machine for at least 6 months and now they are all gone. Same as you - says I am not connected to internet - which is wrong as I also have reinstalled 365. This needs sorting of Cyberlink !

I was hoping it was just my computer at work but my home computer is doing the same thing. What is going on? I meanI just resubscribed and yet it is broken. I don't use a ton of music and defiely find other clips but it should be available.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Two things: First, this is a user forum, and it's not a direct way for getting technical support from Cyberlink. To do that, please submit a request for support here.

Second, there may be an issue with the server that's required to access this content. I typically don't have issues downloading content, but I'm currently seeing the same error message. It seems like it's due to a problem reaching this server: mx2.twmail.cyberlink.com

As I was typing this, the error went away on my system and all of the expected content appeared. Maybe things will work for other people now as well...

If this was actually a server problem, it would be more helpful if the message went from saying "you're not connected to the internet" to something more like "PD can't connect to the server. Try again later"

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

We have confirmed with CyberLink that the server was down on Monday, but it has been restored. Please let us know if you have any more issues.

We also passed on the suggestion to improve the message as well.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
steve messruther [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2014 15:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes we all know it is a user forum and we all know how to send in a question to the tech team - however, when you want answers to a problem that suddenly appears looking on the forum page is the 1st option - to see if others are also having same issues. Clearly there was a problem and, after checking a few moments ago, it has been resolved. So firstly have a bit of respect and secondly Cyberlink themselves suggest that we look on the user forum 1st to see if there is an answer to any question or problem.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes we all know it is a user forum and we all know how to send in a question to the tech team - however, when you want answers to a problem that suddenly appears looking on the forum page is the 1st option - to see if others are also having same issues. Clearly there was a problem and, after checking a few moments ago, it has been resolved. So firstly have a bit of respect and secondly Cyberlink themselves suggest that we look on the user forum 1st to see if there is an answer to any question or problem.

I'm sorry you took issue with my post. While you clearly understand, many people do think that the forum is related to tech support. Also, not all users know how to contact them directly, which is why I made those two statements.

There was no disrespect intended, nor was there any thought of dismissing the forum's usefulness. I'm glad to hear that the server issue has been resolved for you as well.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°